I've been to the lorry driver trial today

presto51:
i was on jury duty for 3 days last month
62 pounds+traveling expences daily
had 3 nights driving wages deducted
not a nice experience

i’ve got jury duty in september could be doing it 2 weeks, oh joy.

I have never been invited for Jury Service, probably due to a few indiscretions as a yoof and oik! :stuck_out_tongue:

HomoFaber:

orys:
125 km/h in 32 ton tipper lorry!!!

Many places don’t have scales so it’s very difficult to load a tipper right to its gvw, so you either drive empty or overloaded. Then you can drive downhill at fair speed so as not to slow down other trafic. Scotland is a hilly country, so it happens quite often. None of that is driver’s fault.
Uphill you only manage 25km/h so the average speed works out reasonable 75. Top speed achieved during the day is in no way relevant to the speed he was driving at in the time immediately before the accident.
How do you know it was a 32t lorry? was it officially weighted after the accident? on certfied scales? he could have been empty it thus only weighing 13t. Clearly, you are exaggerating the risk associated with operation of HGVs and trying to influence the court.
I demand the charge of dangerous driving be reduced to driving without due care.

(I think I could be a lawyer :smiley: )

That rests the case for the defence.But on that evidence I’d have demanded that the case be thrown out and the defendant be given an absolute discharge :laughing: .By the way who was that idiot who reckoned that everything falls at the same speed regardless of weight some say it was some bloke called Newton :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

HomoFaber:

orys:
125 km/h in 32 ton tipper lorry!!!

Many places don’t have scales so it’s very difficult to load a tipper right to its gvw, so you either drive empty or overloaded. Then you can drive downhill at fair speed so as not to slow down other trafic. Scotland is a hilly country, so it happens quite often. None of that is driver’s fault.
Uphill you only manage 25km/h so the average speed works out reasonable 75. Top speed achieved during the day is in no way relevant to the speed he was driving at in the time immediately before the accident.
How do you know it was a 32t lorry? was it officially weighted after the accident? on certfied scales? he could have been empty it thus only weighing 13t. Clearly, you are exaggerating the risk associated with operation of HGVs and trying to influence the court.
I demand the charge of dangerous driving be reduced to driving without due care.

(I think I could be a lawyer :smiley: )

I think a 32t lorry is usually regarded as 32t max gross…

Also, 125kmh but only 25kmh on uphills… Don’t think he was done for his average daily speed, he was done for speeding.

Sorry defence, but you’re doomed :wink: