I've been driving under section 88 since Nov

So, my license ran out last year and I’m still waiting in the “queue” for the dvla doctors to decide to give me my license back, what do you think about this?
I don’t have any medical reasons not to be fit to drive, it’s really annoying because I want to change jobs and I can’t because of this, if we go on holiday, I can’t hire a car. I don’t think this sort of thing encourages drivers to be honest with their doctors if they know they will get messed about like this.

Best advice to anyone who drives a truck for a living is to regard the medical profession as the enemy, and not to seek help for any medical problem from a health professional under any circumstances whatsoever.

Great, got my license back. Five days after starting an official complaint and demanding compensation, just shows doesn’t it… Or maybe just coincidence…

Sploom:
Great, got my license back. Five days after starting an official complaint and demanding compensation, just shows doesn’t it… Or maybe just coincidence…

Most likely the latter.

The thought of them reading and actioning something in a mere five days does my compute lol

Possibly the anti=English attitude of some of the people who live in Wales. Since I moved here I have had a far better service than before I moved. It could also just be that they have improved their customer service, but who know’s?

Harry Monk:
Best advice to anyone who drives a truck for a living is to regard the medical profession as the enemy, and not to seek help for any medical problem from a health professional under any circumstances whatsoever.