ITV'S TONIGHT PROGRAMME - E-MAIL ADDRESS

For those looking to respond to me by e-mail following my earlier posting (see below) - there was a typo with my e-mail. It should read:

lee.sorrell@granadamedia.com

Many thanks

Lee Sorrell

My name is Lee Sorrell. I am head of investigations at ITV’s flagship
current affairs series Tonight.

Rikki Chequer, an administrator for the Forum, has given me the okay to post this note.

The reason for contacting you all is that I am currently conducting some
research into the problems faced by lorry drivers with stowaways
attempting to board their lorries around the French and Belgian
channel ports.

I am aware that, among other things, lorry drivers have been
confronted with intimidation and threats of violence from those
attempting to get into the UK. In some instances, drivers have been
attacked.

I am also aware that drivers have been approached directly by criminals who are involved in organising immigrants to get across at service stations etc in and around the port areas.

I am also aware of the problems of drivers and operators facing fines
if found to have stowaways on board. A common complaint is that many
of these fines have been levelled unfairly.

To assist with my research, I would be grateful for any feedback from drivers who have experienced the type of problems detailed above or have a view on the current situation in the channel port areas.

I want to make sure that when I produce my report, that the views of lorry drivers are taken into account.

Those with something to say on the subject can either contact me through the Forum or by sending an e-mail to me at lee.sorrell@grandamedia.com. The information is for research purposes only and will be treated in strict confidence.

Thanks for taking the time to read this message and I look forward to hearing from some of you.

Regards

Lee Sorrell