Its time mark 2

Just read the “Its Time” post
I have to agree, There is so much ■■■■■■■■ on this site now that I’ve got to the stage that I don’t bother reading the professional driver forum much. When anyone start a topic or answer it, you can bet there will be some idiot who going to slag you off. Anyone can act the hard man behind the keypad but they are the sort of person who wont say boo to a ghost in real life.

So come on lets sort this out, this can be a useful and helpful place to look up something you didn’t know about the haulage industry. I also love looking and reading about the trucks and old transport companies I have long forgotten about and it brings back lots of memories.

I have been reading this site for a good few years now and I have learnt a lot and it be a shame to see it go because of a few prats on here.

You can’t expect the mods to be everywhere at once, most of them are full-time drivers themselves so as with any forum it’s up to you to sort the wheat from the chaff to some degree. If you don’t like a post, ignore it, if you find a particular poster consistently irritating then block them.

Harry Monk:
You can’t expect the mods to be everywhere at once, most of them are full-time drivers themselves so as with any forum it’s up to you to sort the wheat from the chaff to some degree. If you don’t like a post, ignore it, if you find a particular poster consistently irritating then block them.

Problem is, people quote those you ignore and well, you can’t ignore them completely. Sometimes there’s about three people (or maybe it’s one person…), I’m ignoring on a single thread. :unamused:

I’ve never put any poster on ignore. In my mind it means that they are winning, and I’m not having that.

Me neither, I just love the attention, also coz I blocked the wife on Facebook once and she went apepoop.

Ramped the drama up a bit that evening by saying I was also single.

Not quite as bad as when I changed her mum’s phone number on her mobile to a chat line of let’s say ‘ill repute’.

She got her own back by doing the same on my phone, took me 2 weeks to notice.
[Sorry that may come across darker than I intended].

the maoster:
I’ve never put any poster on ignore. In my mind it means that they are winning, and I’m not having that.

I just have a really low tolerance for stupidity.

albion:

That’s a fair comment albion and there are lots of people with similar views, it’s just that some people react in a manner that’s uncalled for.

dieseldave:

albion:

That’s a fair comment albion and there are lots of people with similar views, it’s just that some people react in a manner that’s uncalled for.

And by ignoring certain posters, I don’t become one of tbem :wink:

My attitude is - if I won’t say it to you in the yard, I won’t say it to you on here. If someone asks me a question in the yard I will answer them if I can. I may take the ■■■■ in the process - but I won’t do more than that. Same goes here.
And I guess the mods are policing it now - the board seems a much more “grown-up” place since Rikki’s post went up :sunglasses:

I’ve never understood why so many have to have a bite at stuff they don’t like. Just ignore it. But they dont. You get like 20 posts saying the same thing keeping the thread alive. Just ignore things. Easy, No?

I’m wondering why, as this is in response to the "it’s time thread, that you started a new thread to discuss an existing thread?

As Harry explained, we do have full time jobs, so we don’t catch everything, if you see something that you believe requires our attention, hit the report icon and it will be dealt with if necessary. But please revisit the rules first, don’t report something unless it is breach of those rules, or you will waste your time and ours.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

newmercman:
I’m wondering why, as this is in response to the "it’s time thread, that you started a new thread to discuss an existing thread?

As Harry explained, we do have full time jobs, so we don’t catch everything, if you see something that you believe requires our attention, hit the report icon and it will be dealt with if necessary. But please revisit the rules first, don’t report something unless it is breach of those rules, or you will waste your time and ours.

I assume because Rikki locked the original thread, as it was an announcement :wink:
Glad to help, mate :sunglasses:

The Sarge:

newmercman:

I assume because Rikki locked the original thread, as it was an announcement :wink:

Yes that was why I started the new thread, As it was locked I couldn’t make a comment. I think it would be a shame if trucknet finished because we now have some children on it. I just wish they would bugger off back to the play ground :frowning:

The Sarge:
My attitude is - if I won’t say it to you in the yard, I won’t say it to you on here. If someone asks me a question in the yard I will answer them if I can. I may take the ■■■■ in the process - but I won’t do more than that. Same goes here.
And I guess the mods are policing it now - the board seems a much more “grown-up” place since Rikki’s post went up :sunglasses:

I’m same as you mate, I don’t say anything to anybody on here that I would not say to somebody in a pub.
Hey . :bulb: …maybe that’s exactly why I’ve had a few fights in a few pubs in my time. :laughing: :laughing:

elsa Lad:

The Sarge:

newmercman:

Yes that was why I started the new thread, As it was locked I couldn’t make a comment. I think it would be a shame if trucknet finished because we now have some children on it. I just wish they would bugger off back to the play ground :frowning:

Well that makes sense, locked threads are still open to me as I have magic buttons, so I never realised. I have dealt with myself in an appropriate manner though.

Hope Rikki put you across his knee :laughing: