It's there stuff but you're kit

So thought I’d be decent and leave the kit for driver who uses truck when I’m on hol , 20 straps , 20 ratchets , 40 protection corners all in locker , told this morning to go pick load up , checks locker , now 6 ratchets , 6 straps , no protectors , apparently straps / ratchets on trailer at Dagenham , no idea where protectors have gone , so checks lockers in truck , 2 rolls of marker tape gone , 4 wide load markets gone , bungees gone , over length beacon gone , in actual fact anything I’ve left has gone , though they did manage to leave s ■■■■■■■■ of a truck .
So the planners answer to this is a investigation needs doing into who robbed it all but in the meantime go and take the stuff out of truck h------ , but your just compounding the zb problem by robbing someone else’s truck , right get a tesco tri and go there if you can’t do the job ( as if it’s my fault .
It’s a bloody nightmare , they want to start chopping hands off , you try to be helpful by leaving the tools to do the job / to make it easier and you just get screwed over
Zb frustrating to say the least

Easiest way to help with that issue fleet wide is that the ratchets, corner protectors etc stop with the trailer.

I know this is never going to happen but in an ideal world that would mean every trailer always has the correct specific equipment for every different driver and means you don’t need to scrat around if your dropping it loaded and going elsewhere.

Obviously this doesn’t take into account the “strap magpies” who will nab them anywhere.

This is always a problem for us. Your strap a load and then you do a change over at night so you lose all your straps. I can’t see why they don’t just put lockers on the trailers for the straps etc

kjw21:
Easiest way to help with that issue fleet wide is that the ratchets, corner protectors etc stop with the trailer.

At the other extreme, I worked on agency for a firm where we took the lenses and bulbs off the back lights off any trailer we dropped anywhere. First thing they gave me when I turned up for work was a box of bulbs.

Rowley010:
This is always a problem for us. Your strap a load and then you do a change over at night so you lose all your straps. I can’t see why they don’t just put lockers on the trailers for the straps etc

This is what my company does, every trailer has a locker with straps and a wheel changing kit. In the main most trailers always have their kit intact…

dozy:
right get a tesco tri and go there if you can’t do the job

OMG I can imagine the scene … carnage in the yard of the nearest Tesco store, buildings damaged and DOT COM vans trashed :laughing:

peirre:

dozy:
right get a tesco tri and go there if you can’t do the job

OMG I can imagine the scene … carnage in the yard of the nearest Tesco store, buildings damaged and DOT COM vans trashed :laughing:

It’s ok, the vagabond will show dozy how to do it.

I tried to resist…

Re: It’s there stuff but you’re kit

Their…

And I’m the Nodding Donkey, not kit.

the nodding donkey:
I tried to resist…

Their…

“nodding donkey” I couldn’t either :smiley:

AndrewG:

Rowley010:

This is what my company does, every trailer has a locker with straps and a wheel changing kit. In the main most trailers always have their kit intact…

My old lot too. Worked with about 250 odd trailers, dont see why it doesnt with others either.

Rowley010:

Where I’m at every lorry has a set of straps and ratchets. When I take a load up to Scotland for store deliveries I swap with a Scots driver for a load of chipboard. As my load is only secured with internals I give however many of my straps and ratchets to the guy who has loaded the chipboard has put on the load and when I get back I unstrap the load and that set now becomes mine and I have a full set again.

It might have been anyone of the Agency drivers that used “your motor” in the six weeks you was off. :wink: :wink:

Conor:

Rowley010:

Where I’m at every lorry has a set of straps and ratchets. When I take a load up to Scotland for store deliveries I swap with a Scots driver for a load of chipboard. As my load is only secured with internals I give however many of my straps and ratchets to the guy who has loaded the chipboard has put on the load and when I get back I unstrap the load and that set now becomes mine and I have a full set again.

If we are doing a change over with another tramper we do that, but if it’s a day man he might not have straps or if it’s a night changeover the night driver has nowhere to leave straps without em being nicked before you wake up

the nodding donkey:
I tried to resist…

Their…

:slight_smile:

Or to put it another way … but your kit…

But did YOU supply the kit? No? Oh, so it isn’t YOUR kit then, it’s the company’s.