Its not the same

THE STANDARD OF HGV DRIVING HAS GONE DOWN THE PAN, :frowning: :frowning:

Dead right young man.No courtesy.No consideration for other road users.Just like me back in the late 50s.

TREV:

Welcome to TrucknetUK TREV :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Care to expand on your first comment :question: :slight_smile:

Not for all of us, but the rest seem to be heading into the majority. I find its more often the younger ones, who think there so good, but of course, are not.

Boy racers are not only found in cars you know!

:open_mouth: Really ■■ seems to me I see a lot of younger drivers being over polite trying to live up to the camarderie that the older drivers tell them of.
Some of the worst displays being given by older and more bitter drivers who have failed to adapt and/or should now better :unamused:

We should be leading by example and helping educate the newbees not stereotypicaly slagging them off gentleman :unamused:

Sorry but I have missed the point. Why should older drivers be bitter and not adapting. I know I have been retired for a few years now and it has left me way behind. However the principle is the same I am sure. Load it on,get it up the road,and get it off. Am I right or what?

some of the most ignorant and rude driving i have encountered has been by the older generation

some of the most ignorant and rude driving i have encountered has been by the older generation

have to agree with you there…

i think its just the way britain has gone.downhill,and i still cant see the bottom

WHEN I STARTED HGV DRIVING,IN 1982 THERE SEEMED TO BE GOOD DRIVING MANNERS AMONGST FELLOW HGV DRIVERS,SUCH AS FLASHING HEADLIGHTS TO LET YOU IN ,PUTTING HANDS UP TO SAY THANK YOU WHEN YOU LET THEM OUT ON SLIP ROADS ECT.BUT NOW IVE NOTICED THIS IT DOES NOT HAPPEN SO MUCH,BUT I KNOW THIS IS ONLY A MINORITY.SORRY TO MOAN THIS IS HOW I SEE IT :slight_smile:
APART FROM THIS I WOULD LIKE TO SAY IVE FOUND TRUCKNET TO BE AN EXCELLENT SITE. I WILL POST SOME PHOTOS ON HERE SOON I USED TO DRIVE FOR A aR,J WOOD AND HAVE SOME GOOD SNAPS OF THERE AEC,S AND FODEN,S ECT :smiley:

Welcome to TN Trev, looking forward to your contributions. However do you think you could knock the caps lock out of high range - does seem a bit like shouting to some of us, and deafness doesn’t matter when we’re reading. :wink: :unamused: :laughing: :laughing:

We aint deaf you know :stuck_out_tongue:

Why are you shouting?

Pardon.I um unable to hear you.

i loved riding around with me dad in the 70’s.class times for me,will never forget

sorry for caps. i have happy memories of riding shotgun with my dad in the 70,s he drove an atkinson for g. hammond transport of sittingbourne :smiley:

TREV:

i dont think you can put any particular group in that catagory,young,old,foreign,weve all,hand on heart had our moments of ■■■■ poor driving,tho certain firms do seem to be worse than others?whether the drivers are pushed to be quicker,or the gaffers ignore the analysis reports of the cards(downhill overspeed is my downfall) or i just get the same one trying to kill me…no names but dhl… :unamused:

Dead right young man.No particular group.There are bad ones in all groups.Just before I retired I was on boxes out of Soton.On the company we had a mixture of ages. 25 to 65.To be honest the worst bad tempered driver apart from me was a guy of 65. He was a bloody menace on the road. Enough said.

When you speak about poor driving, who has experienced the Syrian Convoy!!!
The Turks will run you off the road, overtake you on the inside up the dirt, pull in front of you while the fridge trailer is only halfway past, and then when you get to Derraa they offer you chai and a place to sit with them for a jolly old chat. Then as the border opens, it all goes off again. I have not experienced driving like that in the UK but then again I have been off the road for a while…Happy days guys and drive safe.
GS

I can remember when there was courtesy on the roads, but then I can remember when folk said thank you when you held a door open for them. Attitudes when driving are just an extension of attitudes in life.