Its not that bad

well in the last two years ive invested £1300 for my c2 and £1600 for my C+E. money well spent? well if i didnt have these right now i dread to to think what else id be doing, mabey a goods in clerk at an ndc! :imp: i know jobs are difficult to find, VOSA are hanging around like vultures just waiting to catch you out and the only job in the world that has so many time related regs but paridoxicly involves the most hours, oh yeah and lets not get into london! :open_mouth: remember, all those prestige cars you see up the motorway, none of them are paid for. The ppl in them are one deal away from a heart attack. we are looked upon as scum but ask yourself, who is the mug here? enjoy your mobile office, far away from the idiots who think they know your job better than you. bless them. not many ppl can control a 44ton, 50 foot, 500 bhp machine, trust me they are just jeleous.

Couldnt have put it better myself mate. Im proud to be a lorry driver. only been doing it for about half a year but im in a full time job i enjoy, that i wanted to do. if your able to get paid to do something you enjoy then youve cracked it. The bloke infront of me in his nice shiny audi whos got the ump cos his late to a brain destroying meeting can keep his flash car…im more than happy with my slow lorry :smiley:

I jacked in the world of corporate bs to drive trucks and don’t regret it for a minute!!

I’m my own boss, I don’t work to deadlines anymore - I deliver when I get there, not when I’m told too, and I won’t bust a gut or break the law to keep someone else’s deadline.

My office has the greatest views of the countryside you could ask for and it changes every minute of the day.

I’ll never go back!!!

Ditto to the above.

I don’t think you can beat driving a truck while listening to some tunes and having to drive through beautiful scenery on a clear sunny day. I love it, even though I’ve only been doing it since May last year :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Such a change from my past life as a Construction Manager (suit & tie plus company benefits package and ££££££££), would’nt swap it at all now as I’m having so much fun and the bonus is NO STRESS :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

HAPPY DAYS

mcc46:
and the bonus is NO STRESS

Exactly, no stress. More than a bonus for me, it’s the main advantage.
Like others on here, I got out of a succession of stressful jobs/businesses and into driving. I cannot believe how stress-free my job is. Certainly, I earn less money than before but I enjoy going to work, enjoy not ‘bringing the job home’ and I sleep better.

At last I work to live not live to work.

Alan

OnlyAlan:

mcc46:
and the bonus is NO STRESS

Exactly, no stress. More than a bonus for me, it’s the main advantage.
Like others on here, I got out of a succession of stressful jobs/businesses and into driving. I cannot believe how stress-free my job is. Certainly, I earn less money than before but I enjoy going to work, enjoy not ‘bringing the job home’ and I sleep better.

At last I work to live not live to work.

Alan

Very well put Alan :sunglasses:

Could not agree more.

I’ve been in those jobs now for the past ten years, worked my way up with each company and have been made redundant now four times.
from earning upto 80k per year I now find im to over qualified to get a 15k a year job and when I apply for anything and everything out there I always get the same old crap “over qualified and will soon move on so not worth the risk”
Can you believe you can be over qualified to work in McDonalds■■?

There are plenty of people out there that will say “just take anything you can get and go from there” but believe me it aint that easy.

so i invested in my class 2 and passed last week and now waiting for an opening to do my class 1.

just really need a break now and someone to say OK we’ll give you a chance, hell I would even be happy to do a few days for free just to show them i can do it.

Really looking forward to the life ahead.

Madguy :imp:

Im living my dream as you say nothing better than a sunny day and the tunes up singing ya heart out puts a smile on my face every time even in the dark on a trunking run cant feel any happier , ive done jobs in past that dreaded getting up for and belive me working like that will send you to an early grave , keep on trucking :smiley:

jx