It's not just truckers that hate MSA's

confused.com/car-insurance/a … Newsletter

Lots of waffling inaccuracy rather than facts as usual by the regular RAC/AA soundbite spokesperson.

The Dept for Transport advice on tiredness and driving is there think.direct.gov.uk/fatigue.html

But hey ho it looks good for the motoring organisations.

£2 million of your taxpayer’s money is about to be wasted on a few signs on the M5 to tell you the MSA fuel prices ie .1p a litre cheaper 60 miles away but not at the fuel station next to the motorway,

If it is rolled out it will be about £20 million quid to spend on signs for the thickos rather than using free apps which are widely available.

Ps the food at westmorland services although a bit pricey is cheaper than any pubs except Wetherspoons near me.

Whining for whinings sake :question:

… From the posts and comments I’ve seen on here, does anybody think they’ll listen?..
The wife reported in from Toddy this afternoon… ( No. Not him. ) She said the only good thing about it was M&S and reasonable price food. Following a previous post about ‘theft from vehicles / slashed curtains on here, I asked about the security CCTV.s … she said ’ didn’t see any’…
How long then before ■■■■ Turpin’s legacy’s killed off?..

speedyguy:
If it is rolled out it will be about £20 million quid to spend on signs for the thickos rather than using free apps which are widely available.

Good point Speedyguy. I mean what kind of imbecile would sanction that kind of money for signs that are at best ignored and at worst downright erroneous? :wink:

Another commenter, Mark, adds: "Everything about motorway services is designed for the extraction of the maximum amount of money from the users, not for their convenience and safety.

"If they were concerned about the safety of the driver, they would not have a parking time limit of two hours.

“On the Continent, they expect you to stop and sleep if you start to feel tired. Here, they expect you to stop, spend your money and then bugger off.”

Well said that man.

In some Msa toilets, the urinals smell like a Badgers armpit.
The smell is acrid and over powering, I wonder what foreign visitors think of that.
Some European countries charge for the very clean toilets, a voucher is given to spend in the cafe.
Parking is free in Europe ,and there Aire de repos or rest areas every 20 miles on the toll road motorway.Free parking.
On the till at an UK Msa, the staff ask if you want a large chocalate bar on offer or a packet of sweets.
Parking for trucks is in a 24 hour period , they know we only need a 9 or 11 hour daily rest.
No night patrol men anymore.
Bring in a man with a mean and nasty dog for security.