It's not an offence to be offensive

Ye godz! Could this be a victory for common sense? :open_mouth:

You’re not automatically committing an offence just because someone gets offended - That’s the official view of the Court of Appeal. The last twenty years could all have been some kind of horrible dream :laughing:
bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-l … e-59727118

Snowflakes and “Wokes”: Be afraid, be very afraid…

Zac_A:

I seem to remember someone getting very agitated that he may have been called a “gammon”. “Racist” etc etc.
Many, many, people take offence at name calling of all sorts.
Those who see no offence in the “banter” they hand out are quick to climb onto a very high horse at the slightest hint of humour at their expense.
Of course I am as exempt from such faults, just as I am a perfect judge, of my own superb driving skills.

The way the police enforce the law on hate crime has always been an affront to freedom of speech and freedom of expression.

This seems to be one up for common sense at-last :slight_smile:

The law, it seems is not always an ■■■…

Franglais:

Zac_A:

I seem to remember someone getting very agitated that he may have been called a “gammon”. “Racist” etc etc.
Many, many, people take offence at name calling of all sorts.
Those who see no offence in the “banter” they hand out are quick to climb onto a very high horse at the slightest hint of humour at their expense.
Of course I am as exempt from such faults, just as I am a perfect judge, of my own superb driving skills.

Intent is everything

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Zac_A:
Ye godz! Could this be a victory for common sense? :open_mouth:

You’re not automatically committing an offence just because someone gets offended - That’s the official view of the Court of Appeal. The last twenty years could all have been some kind of horrible dream [emoji38]
bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-l … e-59727118

That isn’t what the ruling says at all. It simply gives direction on the recording of incidents that don’t amount to a hate crime

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk