It's no wonder ....

… cyclists get hurt.

I came home yesterday and was held up by some bod blocking the road so that about 20 kids could do their cycling proficiency test - or at least some of it on the road, these kids were from a school quite close to my home so I just sat there for a while watching, the kids were from the junior school and were all wearing high viz vests but not one of them had a cycling hat on. You would have thought that in this day and age it would be drilled into them and especially doing this proficiency test on a road that a hat would be mandatory - crazy!!

That is surprising, about a month or two back I passed a local sports stadium when there was a bunch of young school kids having some sort of cycle training on the hard tennis courts area, and I’m sure every one of them was wearing a cycle helmet.

Woman I know does all this training covering the county and she wont allow anyone to do the course without the correct equipment

They have been doing more of it today and there was only one lad with a helmet on, didn’t like to take pictures though.