Its here ! First driving job

Well , eventually !!! an agency has rung with my first driving job :smiley:
It’s class 2 but after all these weeks I’m past caring, I just need experience & my foot on the ladder.
Wish me luck with the weather !!
Traveling up to the north west, looks ok on the met office report at the moment :confused: packed the sleeping bag etc, I’m sure I’ll get the mick taken when I turn out at 3.30 am with an overnight bag but heh ho !!!

Alan

Congrats, End of the day it’s experience and who cares, You’re in a truck, and you’re going to enjoy the experience you get. Will we be expecting a diary of the first day?? Pictures if at all :smiley: :smiley:

No you shouldnt get the mick taken out of you if you have some provisions just in case

I have had to turn down quite a few jobs this last 2 weeks :cry: :cry:

Well done, goodluck with it mate :slight_smile:

Good for you mate.
As has been said,its all good experience. :wink:

I went up to Glasgow last wednesday, class 2, agency advised to take a sleeping bag :open_mouth:
The M74 was the worst road conditions I have ever driven on in 30 odd yrs of driving…only been passed clas 2 for about 2 months.
last 10 mile took 1.5hrs…sheet ice… coming back, was over taken by a transit van, 10mins later it was on its side, stuck ina massive jam!
I would never drive in those conditions again…actually thought about abandoning the wagon it was that bad…
Good luck with your 1st run, hope you enjoy it & the weather is kind

john

koikeeper:
I went up to Glasgow last wednesday, class 2, agency advised to take a sleeping bag :open_mouth:
The M74 was the worst road conditions I have ever driven on in 30 odd yrs of driving…only been passed clas 2 for about 2 months.
last 10 mile took 1.5hrs…sheet ice… coming back, was over taken by a transit van, 10mins later it was on its side, stuck ina massive jam!
I would never drive in those conditions again…actually thought about abandoning the wagon it was that bad…
Good luck with your 1st run, hope you enjoy it & the weather is kind

john

Hi John,

Congratulations on completing that first all-important run successfully. :smiley:

If you’d abandoned the wagon, you’d have got very cold indeed, so I’m glad you didn’t!! :grimacing:

:open_mouth: The boss wouldn’t have been very pleased either, and your phone might not have rung again. :wink:

Hi Alan, it’s better to take provisions than not, at least you’re going prepared for whatever the weather throws at you!!! :wink: enjoy your first run - happy trucking :smiley:

Good luck alan
Take it easy wishing u a problem free trip enjoy

Jennie x

Thankyou for all the comments :smiley:

Well , all went really well to be honest ( was bricking it slightly :laughing: )
Leeds to Lancaster, to Kendal to Ilkley to Bradford & back to Leeds… a few close calls, some quaint overhanging signs in the pedestianised area I had to unload in :astonished: he , drinving in the dark at 4am was a whole new ball game !
But got me & the wagon back in one piece :smiley:
Went so well I was told to come back Monday & they were giving me a run down to West Brom in a class 1 . All I can say is every day is a school day !
Run down went great ( well thats after I managed to get it in gear !!,long story, I knew I was missing something , automatic etc , worked the stalks etc but nothing…just needed to push the drive button on the dash :unamused: .
Unloading was a bit of a nightmare,snowy, iced up yard & I was sliding it all over , took me an hour to dock the thing :frowning: . Went over my drive time but think a note on the tacho should sort it out ?
So, couple of questions…
Where should I get the print out rolls from ( the digi print out roll ran out I didn’t have any more , I’m pretty sure I’m supposed to carry a spare :unamused: )
Also, am I supposed to download anything from my digi card every so often or is a print out at the end of each day sufficient ?

Sounds like your enjoying & gaining a bit of experience as well :smiley: , I sugest that you carry two spare tacho rolls (try the tm/ for these), keep a diary :bulb: , & make a print out if a problem arises!!, Someone else may be able to tell you better as I have been driving my own trucks. :smiley: