It's got to be cheaper

If you run from Calais to Milan, The usual route would be through the mont blanc which is expensive.
By going via Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany and Austria to the brenner pass. Then surely this must work out a lot cheaper.
I estimate the tolls through Germany and Austria to be about 120 Euros and another 8 Euros for a benelux vignette.
I know it’s a bit more mileage, But is there anything i may have missed out?

No, it’s 100 euros across Germany and 180 euros across Austria, for Milan it’s cheaper to go via Mont Blanc.

limeyphil:
If you run from Calais to Milan, The usual route would be through the mont blanc which is expensive.
By going via Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany and Austria to the brenner pass. Then surely this must work out a lot cheaper.
I estimate the tolls through Germany and Austria to be about 120 Euros and another 8 Euros for a benelux vignette.

I thought you were the self proclaimed oracle of international transport :open_mouth:

Not to mention the disaster that is Austria, and of course German traffic. Driving down through France is by far the preferable option.

newmercman:

limeyphil:

I thought you were the self proclaimed oracle of international transport :open_mouth:

I’ve never done that route. :unamused:

limeyphil:

newmercman:

limeyphil:

I’ve never done that route. :unamused:

This is quite possibly the post with the most truth in it on the whole of trucknet :open_mouth:

I usually go dover-Calais-Luxemburg- st Louis/basle-transit swiss-chiasso border into Italy and down to Milan. okay maybe not the cheapest but definitely the quickest in my wee world of trucking :slight_smile:

Dover to Calais turn left to Belgium then into Lux and get you Derv then down to Freiberg and get the train across
Swiss and have you time off on the train and you have a clean card to start from Novara.

JJsl

Harry Monk:
No, it’s 100 euros across Germany and 180 euros across Austria, for Milan it’s cheaper to go via Mont Blanc.

Dosn’t it cost about that just for the mont blanc? or am i thinking the return price?

weewulliewinkie:
I usually go dover-Calais-Luxemburg- st Louis/basle-transit swiss-chiasso border into Italy and down to Milan. okay maybe not the cheapest but definitely the quickest in my wee world of trucking :slight_smile:

Maybe im out of touch ret 13yrs.but is there not a weight limit trassiting Austria,used to be 28 ton.I stand to be corrected.
regards dave.

dafdave:

weewulliewinkie:

Maybe im out of touch ret 13yrs.but is there not a weight limit trassiting Austria,used to be 28 ton.I stand to be corrected.
regards dave.

There used to be a 28t limit in Swiss :wink:

Mont Blanc is just over 300€ each way.

newmercman:

dafdave:

weewulliewinkie:

regards dave.

There used to be a 28t limit in Swiss :wink:

Getting old memory not too good,well done mate swiss it was.Dont know why I mentioned Austria at all :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:
regards dave.

It’s cheaper if you get a return through the Blanc. But I think you have to do it within 5 days?

Ouch, I didn’t know it was so much!!

atmb.com/IMG/pdf_Tariffe_f.t … _FRA-2.pdf

bigvern1:
It’s cheaper if you get a return through the Blanc. But I think you have to do it within 5 days?

485 euros return. A big discount, But i’m still not convinced it’s cheaper through the blanc than the brenner.
There’s the french road tolls to consider on top of that. It’s a rip off either way. But it would be nice to find out some exact figures.

Do the Nationals in France instead of the peage then!

Its not all about the cost though. The French route is so much easier, much less traffic, less driving restrictions, easier parking not to mention quicker. Ive tried both and found this out for myself.

^This^

limeyphil:

Harry Monk:

Dosn’t it cost about that just for the mont blanc? or am i thinking the return price?

Last time i went that way 2 yrs ago it was €55 to transit Austria euro5,think it was about €80 in Germany going stuttgart ulm feldkirch