It's been quiet

…I’ve not had that much work.

A little bit of van work here and there, driven about 4 different HGVs so far.

1. 26t Fridge from Fraikin Hire to Milton Keynes, train back.
  2. 18t Renault flatbed from Daventry to Glasgow and back
  3. 18t Volvo FL6, manouvering into tight parking space in yard (was on 7.5t all week)
  4. Scania 4x2 94p curtainsider delivering plants (green leaf stuff) to London.

And that’s over the last 3 weeks. The Glasgow was a 2 day job but all the others have been 1 day jobs :frowning:

My agency has actually even found me a coach job (this weekend) but not yet much LGV.

Went to a new agency today, over in Rugby and found out that tomorrow I’ll be in with Bridgestone Tyres in Coventry, so that’ll be interesting. LGV2 so probably delivering 8t of tyres :astonished:

I know it’s hard slog, but it’s gotta be done and I need the work and experience.

Hopefully I’ll lose some weight too :slight_smile: Most agencies are desperate for C+E and mentioning ‘LGV’ they are very eager for me to sign up until I point out a, it’s only class 2 and b, I’ve had my licence for 6 weeks.

So. It is annoying :frowning:

Still. Got my Hiab in 10 days. Thankfully!

Saratoga:
…I’ve not had that much work.

A little bit of van work here and there, driven about 4 different HGVs so far.

1. 26t Fridge from Fraikin Hire to Milton Keynes, train back.
  2. 18t Renault flatbed from Daventry to Glasgow and back
  3. 18t Volvo FL6, manouvering into tight parking space in yard (was on 7.5t all week)
  4. Scania 4x2 94p curtainsider delivering plants (green leaf stuff) to London.

And that’s over the last 3 weeks. The Glasgow was a 2 day job but all the others have been 1 day jobs :frowning:

My agency has actually even found me a coach job (this weekend) but not yet much LGV.

Went to a new agency today, over in Rugby and found out that tomorrow I’ll be in with Bridgestone Tyres in Coventry, so that’ll be interesting. LGV2 so probably delivering 8t of tyres :astonished:

I know it’s hard slog, but it’s gotta be done and I need the work and experience.

Hopefully I’ll lose some weight too :slight_smile: Most agencies are desperate for C+E and mentioning ‘LGV’ they are very eager for me to sign up until I point out a, it’s only class 2 and b, I’ve had my licence for 6 weeks.

So. It is annoying :frowning:

Still. Got my Hiab in 10 days. Thankfully!

And mucky!

Elwyn

Agencies can be funny like that. I have hit on a good one but also know there are plenty that are just slightly more useful than a chocolate tea pot.

Hopefully with your Hiab coming up it will improve your employability. I have been looking at doing my Hiab too as well as my CE so that I can up my working week to 4/5/6 days rather than 3-4.

Try another agency and see if you can fill in the gaps.

Dean

Double Post