Its been a testing couple of weeks

Well I get a call about 07.15hs a couple of weeks ago as I was climbing into the wagon, and it was my Mrs, “I have crashed the car” with accompanying tears and sobs. She told me she was fine before I asked about the car :blush:

So I sod work and shoot back down from Warrington to Kirkby and find the car firmly planted into the trees on the wrong side of the new Matalan site on Perimeter Road, so I park in the slip road (we deliver flt there and I knew the security guard) So Mrs Drift gets in my car to get warm then a new style mini hits the ice spins and ends up just touching her car, so Mrs gets out of my car to see the poor girl in the mini as she was shook up then another Clio spins and takes out my car and another chunk of Matalan fencing :open_mouth: so we had two cars written off in half an hour :unamused:
Mrs car insurance are claiming against untied utilities, I thought the ice she skidded on was from water run off from farmers fields but as I waited for recovery (police where called earlier as it was deadly, a motorbike rider fell off and was near hit by the car skidding behind and wagons where coming through from Simonswood on abnormal angles :laughing: ) seriously it was bad and even mentioned on the radio after the event :unamused:

Mrs work have been great (she is a manager though :laughing: ) and lent her an insignia estate and my company have been brilliant and lent me what ever van is available (this week an all singing and dancing connect with 1000 miles on it) with a fuel card :blush: yes I know :open_mouth: :blush:
So one insurance paid out good :wink: and off to capitalise on that tomorrow :sunglasses:
The other has agreed a settlement but want to send a check this week :unamused:

Avoid (well should I name and shame as the both insurance companies where embarrassingly bad in customer services and response times)
I will resist naming unless and admin/mod allows :wink:

the carnage

And my yard rat :laughing:
That other Clio spun and attacked mine backwards :laughing:

Turns out the police didnt want to know as no one was injured, but from out of know where about 10.00hs a gritter turned up and at 10.30hs united utilities turned up to fix a water leak as a matter of urgency, funny that as that leak has been there for over 12 months and I live mile away and have all the witnesses I like (and pictures) :laughing:

I am so glad for all concerned no one was hurt and nothing was coming the other direction, in total four cars spun across the road and a bike and even a few tippers where twitching (that could be normal though :laughing: ) one artic did look like he was going to take us and the cars out but he hit the dry side and thankfully pulled it back :sunglasses:

Jeezzzzee ddoes this count as a rant :blush:

On top of sorting this out its been a busy week in work … christ no wonder I get bladdered one night a week :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: