It's been a funny old week.

Its been a manic week. Phone has been quite hot with convoy business. Tuesday morning i came thru roadworks on the M1 southbound, everything running well. Nobody doing anything daft, OH! Spoke to soon! Container driver comes cruising past me, 57 plate FH, Tilbury based haulier. Just minding his own business watching a DVD player perched on his dash! I couldn’t believe what i was seeing. WTF was this guy playing at? So what do i do? Ignore and hope he doesn’t have an accident and possibly wipe out a family in the process? Your family maybe? My family? Or do i ring the haulier and let them have it both barrells? I’ll let you decide my actions.

So anyway, i arrive at Tesco’s Thurrock, straight on to a bay and into the waiting room. Oh joy. Olympics on the telly, not into sport but suddenly we are all sport fanatics, even those that have trouble walking to the door with out breaking a sweat. After a while, a tall slim female breezes thru the door, obviously the telly wasn’t as interresting. But, i have this suspicion rush thru my mind, that sheila has got some big hands, bigger than mine infact. Suddenly theres about 10 of us drivers looking at each other, each waiting for the other to confirm, that sheila’s a fella! As this geeza steps outside the door, the entire goods in staff erupt with laughter! Closely followed by the rest of us. It wasn’t pleasent, but it did raise the atmosphere.

So more convoy business, tried to call Brian Wetherly (commercial motor) No joy there, so i try Will Shiers, and although Will was unable to take my call, happily he called me back today, for which i’m greatful, thanks Will. A local Radio station have decided they want nothing to do with the convoy because its a conflict of interest by being associated with the charity at the same time as another local station. Obviously they feel that the children of our cause don’t deserve the support of their local radio station, conflict of interest maybe, but surely they can set asside their differences for one day? I hope they’re proud of their decision.

Lastly, Richard Allison gave the convoy a plug on Radio 2 this afternoon. Top man :sunglasses:

Did you make ‘the’ phone call? :question: :sunglasses:

DO BEARS ■■■ IN THE WOODS?

and their response to your call was■■?

MR VAIN:
DO BEARS ■■■ IN THE WOODS?

Polar bears?? :laughing:

I would have called plod as soon as poss. This sort of distraction is causing more deaths than any other error. It beggars belief that someone in control of a motor vehicle no matter what size should be so complacent.

If you feel bored try doing some commentry driving.

shade:
and their response to your call was■■?

To be fair the guy on that took the call was as ■■■■■■ about my observation as i was. He promised to deal with it there and then.I don’t like complaining, this time i felt perfectly within my rights to do so

You grass Mr vain :sunglasses: :sunglasses:
Can’t fault you though. I would do the same thing. Too many drivers on the roads watching dvds or using a laptop.