It's Back To Work For Me

Hello all, the time has come for me to return to work after nearly 6 months off.
It all began back in July when I went and got myself a Direct Inguinal (Groin) Hernia, I was a bit surprised as I thought hernias were an old man thing but after reading up on them I learned you can get them at any age, me, I’m just a 33 year old nipper :grimacing: So after trying to work with it and not being guaranteed light duties which was understandable as I deliver chilled/frozen food so there can be a lot of handballing, heavy pallets etc, both myself and TM agreed I’d be better off on the sick, so fast forward a few months of prodding, poking, waiting, slicing, recovering and loitering on TNUK, I’m all clear to go back. I’ve been for my ‘return to work’ interview today and start back on Monday and I’ve got to admit I can’t wait to get back out on the road and sleeping out again! Hell, they even gave me a new fleece jacket! :sunglasses:

Got mine about that age.6 weeks off but bloody painful. 3 days in hospital then bought home by ambulance ,carried in by stretcher an tipped onto sofa.
took best part of 1 hour to get upstairs to toilet :unamused: .
was told initially that if op wasn’t done asap (i.e now) if it twisted i could die, wife drove very very slowly to hospital (her excuse was to avoid more pain but really hoping for an insurance payout)
no problems since and was told it would be other side that went if any cos that side was stronger now.
did you have to “push” the" lump" back in now and then before you had the op :open_mouth: did that a few times before i went to doc’s.

I was different, mine only stayed in if I laid on my back but it wasn’t dangerous, I was given a leaflet on symptoms of a twisted intestine and told to get straight to hospital, it took nearly 3 months to get my operation done and it was day surgery, in at 7am, op at 11.30am and home for 4pm, I was shocked at the size of the cut they made, I thought it would be about an inch or two but it’s about 6 inch long, half an inch lower and I’d be changing my name to Danielle :laughing:
Best thing is though, when I show anyone my scar, the wifes mates especially, they say “Oh my god it’s huge”, I just wait for them to realise what they’ve said :laughing:

Desperate:
Hello all, the time has come for me to return to work after nearly 6 months off.
It all began back in July when I went and got myself a Direct Inguinal (Groin) Hernia, I was a bit surprised as I thought hernias were an old man thing but after reading up on them I learned you can get them at any age, me, I’m just a 33 year old nipper :grimacing:)

Life begins at 40, but death begins at 30. :wink:

Best thing is though, when I show anyone my scar, the wifes mates especially, they say “Oh my god it’s huge”, I just wait for them to realise what they’ve said
:unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:
get that all the time :wink: ,an that’s before they even notice the scar :laughing: :laughing:

You wish, i bet its like a ■■■■ on heat… :laughing:

all the best fella

Not an old man thing at all my son was born with 1 had op 9 weeks old was supposed to be day surgery but they kept him in overnight due to size now he is 23 plays American footie no effects has a very small faint scar now

Pleased to here you can go back just wish I could but waiting for op on back