It's a right bastard!

When you are a tramper and you have toothache :blush: :cry: had a filling done and 2 temp pry ones a couple of week since and I think one of the templet ones is a filling now more and the nerve is showing :confused: I’m in ■■■■■■■ agony sometimes especially on a night but obviously I can’t get to a dentist.
This is one of the downsides to tramping as you can never get a doctors or dentist appointment sorted unless you book a days holiday for it and if you’re in agony down the road it can cause you to lose concentration on the road, be a right grumpy ■■■■ to all and sundry and be so tired you just want to pull up for 8 hours shut eye.
How has other lads got on if being down the road and you’ve had either really bad toothache or pains anywhere else? How do the euro lads go on when you are somewhere far away?
Never mind to help with the pain tonight I’ve decided to venture into Witham town centre, have 3 pints of real ale and a couple of Cocodamol, happy days! :smiley:

you should try the emergency dentist mate usually open till late sometimes a drop in service, so the filling as it was cheaper to just have it pulled…

Get some stuff from the chemist something like oil of cloves works well

feel 4 ya m8 not long ago drove from new York to Woodstock n. Brunswick Canada in severe pain infection /root canal went to dentist still open 7pm paid hundred dollars sorted well worth it last resort any hospital help ya 24/7. if in pain stick a asprin crunched up in hole does help short while gd luck

find a late night night chemist or supermarket and ask for some “orajel” .superb stuff,put a small bit on yer finger and rub on on the affected tooth/teeth :sunglasses:

Since when have you gotta book a days holiday for medical treatment. I always thought it was law to let you have the time off??

There is an emergency dentist in most towns, otherwise, just go to an A & E and ask for someone to take it out.

Dave the Renegade:
There is an emergency dentist in most towns, otherwise, just go to an A & E and ask for someone to take it out.

good luck with that.at least a four and a half hour wait in most A&E departments

andrew.s:
find a late night night chemist or supermarket and ask for some “orajel” .superb stuff,put a small bit on yer finger and rub on on the affected tooth/teeth :sunglasses:

Just bought some of that pal :smiley:

Few years ago I was in agony with impacted wisdom teeth phoned my NHS dentist told it would be 2 weeks. Phoned a private dentist got in following day told gaffer I was coming back to yard that night. Cost me a lot more money but if you’re in that much pain who gives a ■■■■ about cost

Donnyboy:
Few years ago I was in agony with impacted wisdom teeth phoned my NHS dentist told it would be 2 weeks. Phoned a private dentist got in following day told gaffer I was coming back to yard that night. Cost me a lot more money but if you’re in that much pain who gives a [zb] about cost

Agree mate sod the cost,health comes first ,6 years ago if I hadn’t told my boss I was going home due to been unwell I’d of been dead now :open_mouth:
Health and family first for me I can always get the overtime in for lost pay

Nothing worse than toothache when your tramping, I used to use clove oil, most supermarkets and chemists stock it. It’s in a small bottle but it does smell of the dentist and don’t spill it. Put some on a cloth or your finger and rub it on effected area. It makes you drool like a mad dog but it works. Good luck mate

SteveBarnsleytrucker:
How has other lads got on if being down the road and you’ve had either really bad toothache or pains anywhere else?

Phoned emergency dentist, took truck there. Employer has a duty of care so they can’t argue if you do.

Sod that, if I was in pain I’d be oscar mike to the dentist no matter what. Abscess anyone? Side order of blood poisoning? (Not to brick you up dude :slight_smile:

SteveBarnsleytrucker:
When you are a tramper and you have toothache :blush: :cry: had a filling done and 2 temp pry ones a couple of week since and I think one of the templet ones is a filling now more and the nerve is showing :confused: I’m in [zb] agony sometimes especially on a night but obviously I can’t get to a dentist.
This is one of the downsides to tramping as you can never get a doctors or dentist appointment sorted unless you book a days holiday for it and if you’re in agony down the road it can cause you to lose concentration on the road, be a right grumpy [zb] to all and sundry and be so tired you just want to pull up for 8 hours shut eye.
How has other lads got on if being down the road and you’ve had either really bad toothache or pains anywhere else? How do the euro lads go on when you are somewhere far away?
Never mind to help with the pain tonight I’ve decided to venture into Witham town centre, have 3 pints of real ale and a couple of Cocodamol, happy days! :smiley:

Hatfield Market Place is a Dentist you could walk in and has also emergency 24 Hour service.
Postcode is i think AL100LW

im going thru it at the mo and its ■■■■■■■ me rite off !!! wont be back till friday then itll be a trip to the emergency dentist for an extraction !! on the bright side i asked our doris what she would give me if i stuck my tooth under the pillow … :smiley:

If anyone needs the number of possibly the best dentist in the world: 01213547570 Sutton Coldfield, Brum. Steve Clements, private, they do take NHS but you won’t see Steve. Also operates from Castle Vale.

Got an emergency appointment sorted for first thing in morniing at my dentist. Was supposed to be doing 6 drops around Lancashire with steel after I tipped at Chesterfield but work have told me to get an appointment sorted and get it checked out and they’ll work around it so fair play to them like.

SteveBarnsleytrucker:
Got an emergency appointment sorted for first thing in morniing at my dentist. Was supposed to be doing 6 drops around Lancashire with steel after I tipped at Chesterfield but work have told me to get an appointment sorted and get it checked out and they’ll work around it so fair play to them like.

Result

having a tug at the dentist eh

better than a tug with vosa :wink: :wink:

TAXI

nick2008:

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

Result

having a tug at the dentist eh

better than a tug with vosa :wink: :wink:

TAXI

Bdumtissshhh!

I tell you something lads, a good thing for toothache is triple Jack Daniels over ice with 2 cocodamol! :laughing: :wink: