It's a long way to Tipperary - with pics

Right folks,
Here are a few pictures of my regular run last week in the sunshine :sunglasses:

Just passing the local forecourt, check out the diesel price euro132.9 and still rising, the locals ain’t happy :angry:

Bigfoot

Crossing the border

Westward bound on the jam packed M7

Cruise control by Bigfoot.

Are we there yet?

Must be getting closer as this looks familiar.

And here we are at the PMC

A quick scan of the trailer park to see what’s about.

Anybody remember this lot? Just used for storage and the one behind it is ex Tesco’s.

Hmm, a visitor.

Now where’s my motor? - DAFMad you’re going to love this :slight_smile:

No.

No, the standard sleeper on the right is an auto :confused:

Not today, sometimes though.

This is the spare, it’s ex Musgraves and if you look closely it’s fitted with an air horn which they seem to fit to all their tractors, mustn’t have a bell at the backdoor of Supervalue and Centra stores.

No not this one as it’s LHD and the cab’s a bit small.

Here we are, it’s the one on the left - Queen Mary!

Hmm, looks interesting. :slight_smile:

All mod cons, but I can’t pick up BBC News 24 :frowning:

Down the N8 Cork Road, it’s quiet today.

This is Abbeyleix, renovating the local town hall, eventually this will be bypassed, as it is a bottleneck when it is busy.

Turned left in Durrow and on to Ballyragget.

Pass the Glanbia factory just outside Ballyragget and on towards Kilkenny, looks like I’ve got a tail. No pictures in Kilkenny as it was too busy and I ran out of space on the memory card - doh!

Approaching my collection at Mullinahone, Co Tipperary.

I’ll try to get in one :laughing:

Phew made it just!

Back to Kilkenny to meet “Bob”, this is Slievenamon (719m) in the distance

Before…

And after.

And here’s Bob hiding at the back!!!

There’s a nice big yard to park in with plenty of spaces so where do they park, right where I have to swing round
:angry:

Some liquid refreshment, it’s got barley in it but it ain’t the blackstuff :frowning:

Here’s “Bob” following behind, now run back to Portlaoise.

Room for one I think?

And yes we are in and we’re straight as well, all I have to do now is drop “Bob” off and back onto the bays and tip, same again tomorrow :slight_smile:

And finally just as warning you can’t get anything over 13’3" under the railway bridges in Portlaiose, please follow the detour.

:open_mouth: :blush: :open_mouth: :blush: :open_mouth: :blush:
And no it wasn’t me, thank god!!!

Nice pics & tidy wagons there.

howatsi:
And finally just as warning you can’t get anything over 13’3" under the railway bridges in Portlaiose, please follow the detour

That don’t stop them trying then ? :laughing: :unamused:

that railway bridge is on the tullamore road.
its got some stories to tell about containers getting stuck under it.i have seen so many in my years on the road.

Great pics. Will make a mental note of that. It’s weird driving along without a height indicator in the cab. :astonished:

nice pics H :sunglasses:
Your only drivin to work at 3pm :open_mouth: im usually well up ths road by then :cry:
What sort of car do you drive, it doesnt have a temp gauge :open_mouth:

Very good :slight_smile:

Great photos!! i used to collect trailers for Mc Burney in Portlaoise, The staff there are very friendly and helpful :smiley:

I’am often in Glanbia in Ballyragget loading butter oil near the roadside!!! Drivers have full access to the canteen and staff showers :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: We even have a key to use the truck wash :smiley:

nice pics. was over there last summer on holiday. never been over there on the job though should imagine its a damm site more chilled out than over here

Nice one!

I bought my car in Portlaoise, is Cunningham’s still there?

TC

The_Catman:
Nice one!

TC

TC,
According to the guys at work , they are still in the town, although they moved off the main road and are on a trading estate somewhere, was it a Fiat or Alfa you bought?

And finally just as warning you can’t get anything over 13’3" under the railway bridges in Portlaiose, please follow the detour.

Or at least slow down a tad :smiley:

good pics there mate :wink: nice one

howatsi:

The_Catman:
Nice one!

TC

TC,
According to the guys at work , they are still in the town, although they moved off the main road and are on a trading estate somewhere, was it a Fiat or Alfa you bought?

Alfa 156, in 1999, still got it! Personal import into England, saved £7k which paid for the missus’s Ford Ka from Belgium, sort of car BOGOF!

Not worth it these days…

Cheers
TC

some good pics there chap.

Hope your boots are H+S toe-cap spec :question:

• it looks like you could do with a new clutch-pedal rubber there , :laughing:
    an MOT minor failure there i think :exclamation: :laughing: :laughing:

Failing that , you could save rubber and boot sole wear by clutchless gear shifting , whistle a tune on the old gearbox method… :slight_smile: :laughing:

nice pictures and read, cheers!