italy ??

I’m on my way to Rome for the first time in over 15 years. Can I pay for the frejus tunnel and the Italian tolls on my Esso fuel card. If not can I use either DKV, MasterCard or Visa credit card ?
Also first time using frejus always used Blanc before. Which is best route to take and any ideas of travelling time from frejus to Rome ?
I would use the search but it will eat up my internet usage.
Cheers

You can use your dkv card to pay for the frejus.

Paul:
I’m on my way to Rome for the first time in over 15 years. Can I pay for the frejus tunnel and the Italian tolls on my Esso fuel card. If not can I use either DKV, MasterCard or Visa credit card ?
Also first time using frejus always used Blanc before. Which is best route to take and any ideas of travelling time from frejus to Rome ?
I would use the search but it will eat up my internet usage.
Cheers

Personally I think Mont Blanc is easier. (I send prob 100 trucks per year to Italy) Keeps you away from Lyon as well. Enjoy your trip & make you park safe. Rome/Naples area can be rough !!!

Cheers guys. I’ve had no problems around Lyon and now parked for the night about 25kms from Chambery. I’ve done the blanc many times so I suppose I can after tomorrow add the Frejus to my list of conquests. Should be in Rome 1st thing Thursday then reloading for Germany. Could still do with answers regarding Esso card for tunnel and tolls though.

Passed one if yours Mr White on his way back earlier a Dad 105 looked very smart around the Chaumont area.

Paul:
Cheers guys. I’ve had no problems around Lyon and now parked for the night about 25kms from Chambery. I’ve done the blanc many times so I suppose I can after tomorrow add the Frejus to my list of conquests. Should be in Rome 1st thing Thursday then reloading for Germany. Could still do with answers regarding Esso card for tunnel and tolls though.

If you type in the search bar ‘ltaly Tolls’ someone had a thread on what cards etc you can use.
I’m not sure how to do a link for you :frowning:
It doesn’t look like you can use your essi card according to that thread .

I am vienna at the moment and will be going to Milan tomorrow. I have been given a Vaicard for the road tolls but I know for a fact you can pay by VISA … it had to !! The via card you can get through DKV … And we paid for the Blanc with our Shell card.

Send a PM to Simon … he will help and is a great bloke.

Paul:
Passed one if yours Mr White on his way back earlier a Dad 105 looked very smart around the Chaumont area.

He was on the way back from Monaco, Tipped Hanging Lamb, reloaded Apples from Caivallon for Bradford !!!

For both tunnels it is cheaper to buy a return ticket rather than two singles.If you have an Adr load they must be checked in before the tunnel about 20 miles away.
Pompier or fire brigade check the paper work and sometimes check the truck fir all the Adr kit and condition of the truck.
At the tunnel they park Adr loads in a group and ■■■■■■ them in with a van.

Frejus to Rome is 475 miles.At flat out 56 mph its 9.50 hours driving or a steady 50 moh is 8.40 hours driving.
In a car its 7.30 hours.
Add on tacho breaks so a full shift or one card us old timers used to say.

toby1234abc:
At flat out 56 mph its 9.50 hours driving or a steady 50 moh is 8.40 hours driving.

So the slower you go the quicker you get there.
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

bald bloke:

toby1234abc:
At flat out 56 mph its 9.50 hours driving or a steady 50 moh is 8.40 hours driving.

So the slower you go the quicker you get there.
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

This is in Tobyworld remember :laughing:

The other way round.Is what i was getting at.And add congestion around the cities.

WhiteWhiteWhite:

Paul:

He was on the way back from Monaco, Tipped Hanging Lamb, reloaded Apples from Caivallon for Bradford !!!

lol good job he wasn’t up to no good off route then lol …

4aaaa4dd:

WhiteWhiteWhite:

Paul:

lol good job he wasn’t up to no good off route then lol …

Mine never go off route, I can track them from my iphone, ipad, laptop, PC & even my TV at home !!! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

I saw on a documentary about heavy haulage in Australia and the boss receives an instant email alert to inform him if a driver has been speeding.Maybe he gets a text to.