Italy

I know lots of advice has been posted on here in the past on Italy but it was on the old site. I run out to Florence in the morning so any top tips on anything concerning Italy will be greatly appreciated. Cheers

Remember in Italy now it is law to have your headlights on at all times while on the motorway.

And watch out for the overtaing bans as they are only sign posted at the beginning of the ban with no reminders :open_mouth:

SOMEPEOPLE MAY NOT LIKE THIS BUT IF ANY DRIVER NEEDS HELP OR INFO REGARDING ITALIA PLEASE FEEL FREE TO RING ME ANYTIME DAY OR NIGHT ON +393477333353 dont worry about time or day if i can help i will brian

hi,
i’ve been running to italy quite a lot recently. Most of the lads on here would be far more experienced than me but just a few tips i’ve picked up along the way.

Mind them bridges! Don’t be afraid to move out a bit. you can see many dents in a lot of them!
Don’t be put off by the italian way of driving! They are ALL crazy. Even the cops cut you up. Just stick to your guns. Failing that use air horns to maximum effect life everyone else.
Check your change if paying the peages by cash (& everything else for that matter) - if they try to short change you tell them your not as stupid as you look!!
search out those out of the way restaurants and pizzerias - they are well worth it.
If you see what looks like a stunning woman standing provocatively on the side of the road and stop right where she is and just happen to ask her for the time - check it’s a woman :blush:
I don’t know which way you are running down, but if going via swiss bear in mind the endless amount of rules you have to abide by and that the people who work in custom’s offices actually come from another planet so make a few exceptions for their weird behavior.
Enjoy yourself.
I found Italy to be a nice place and most of the people ok.
I could go and on but, you know yourself, the best way to learn is to find things out as you go along. If there is anything i might be able to help on, please ask.
cheers kenny

i have just had brian (r slicker) call me to point out that the offer of information on italy is still available at any time but he now has a new telephone number.

07906 904352

if any driver has queries regarding tolls, fuel, cards, routes or requires translation from italian to english or help on the spot with interpretation then please call him for immediate assistance.

he also has extensive knowledge of northern italy and safe parking areas, if you are visiting italy and want to know a good safe parking place for trucks please call him and he will be more than happy to help you out, please mention that you got his telephone number from the trucknet web site.

kennymanning:
If you see what looks like a stunning woman standing provocatively on the side of the road and stop right where she is and just happen to ask her for the time - check it’s a woman :blush:

:grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :exclamation:

Rob K:

kennymanning:
If you see what looks like a stunning woman standing provocatively on the side of the road and stop right where she is and just happen to ask her for the time - check it’s not Bryan :blush:

:grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :exclamation:

i am curious about brian,i used to run italy all the time in the 80s and early 90s.there was a guy called brian who was from dover?or kent at least,he married a waiteress who worked in mamas in carisio,not very far from novaramis thet the same brian i wonder,dont worry brian if you read this,we all got on the best and were friends,i am just curious,if it is the same man…well regds