Italy tolls

Am heading to Italy for the first time this week, what’s the crack with the toll roads. Similar to the german toll collect?

Do’s and dont’s while I’m there as ill be parking up there the weekend I reckon

Tolls more like France ! Cash , via card or tag.
Where are u going & where will you be at the weekend ?

Heading to Modena and more than likely there till Monday or jesi I think it is

If in Modena area take the Modena nord exit and their is a big truck park called campogalliano.
It’s been a while since I was last there but it lies to the east of the a22 just off the exit. Someone will come along shortly with better directions I’m sure.
Otherwise just park sensibly and you’ll be fine.

As turnip says, similar to france, toll booths, but be aware you cannot use your fuel cards it will have to be cash, bank card or via card unless you have a tag. And if you don’t have a tag stay well clear of the yellow lanes they do not hang about going through them as you will find out for yourself lol :laughing:

Nice one, how much is it to park there?

swwrob:
Nice one, how much is it to park there?

Not sure. It used to be free as long as you ate there. But that was years ago.

Sorry to be the 1 to say it but Campo is not the place it used to be due to our EE cousins :smiley::grin::grin: tis a ■■■■ shame as it was a decent place to chill…

truckertang:
Sorry to be the 1 to say it but Campo is not the place it used to be due to our EE cousins :smiley::grin::grin: tis a ■■■■ shame as it was a decent place to chill…

That’s the case with most places though.
Can you think of anywhere better around there ■■

The old “black forest” used to be an interesting place to park!

To be honest i think I’d be in the services making sure its got an Autogrill restaurant…

I was on the caen boat with a couple of Charles Russel drivers the other night. We got chatting as you do, they told me campo is very dodgy now and one to be avoided. Shame really cos it was very good in the past. (apart from the toilet block where you took your life in your hands going in:shock::grin:)

chilistrucker:
The old “black forest” used to be an interesting place to park!

I’ve no idea where The Old Black Forest was, or is. Any time I stopped at Campo’, it was because I was nearly out of time, so I didn’t have time to go swanning around looking for an alternative.
So where was, or is, The Old Black Forest ?

Campogalliano is not at Modena Nord, it is off the A16 at, coincidentally, Campogalliano :laughing:

The black forest, could be Modena Nord, never heard it called that, but there were a lit of African ladies of the night around there, so guessing that’s why it’s called that?

In my day it was just Modena Nord :wink:

Black Forest, brilliant.