Italy help at any time

dholmes05:
THE TROUBLE IS I HAVENT BEEN IN THR TRADE LONG AND IAM STILL GREEN. I HAVE NO CONTACTS. AND STILL HAVE A LOT TO LEARN. THE THING IS IVE ONLY WORKED FOR LKW WALTER. BRADCLYDE. AND I BEEN SH-T ON BY BOTH COMPANYS.

Hi darren,
Whats the story with bradclyde,iv been speaking with roy and am thinking of round tripping for them would you recommend them,if not why so.
Cheers A

I will be sure that if I am ever in Italy I will ring you. :sunglasses:

r slicker:
SHOULD ANY DRIVER REQUIRE ANY INFORMATION TRANSLATION IN ITALY OR REGARDING ITALY OR ITALIAN LAWS, PLEASE CALL BRIAN (R SLICKER) ON . AT ANY TIME DAY OR NIGHT IS NO PROBLEM.
(PLEASE NOTE THAT THE NORTH OF ITALY IS MY FORTE)

Hi please could tell me if i can go through the Frejus tunnel with my 1998 S reg scania truck as i have to get to Italy next week many thanks.

littleman:
Hi please could tell me if i can go through the Frejus tunnel with my 1998 S reg scania truck as i have to get to Italy next week many thanks.

I think you’ll have a problem with an S reg wagon.
I’m sure there’s restrictions on anything older than Euro 3, but I’ll have a look n see if I can confirm that.

Simon:

littleman:

I’m sure there’s restrictions on anything older than Euro 3, but I’ll have a look n see if I can confirm that.

Cheers mate if you could find out for me,as i am going down with a removal lorry is there any other way if i cant go the tunnel many thanks again.

Simon:

littleman:

After only a quick look, the only thing I can find, so far, is the Tarrif List.
There I found
POIDS LOURDS,
Classe 3, Euro 0 (), 127,40 Euros.
Classe 4, Euro 0 (
), 256,00 Euros.
(*) Autocars & bus uniquement.
Autocars & bus uniquement means, I think, cars and buses only.
Classe 3 means 2 axle truck over 3m high. Classe 4 means 3 or more axle truck over 3m high.

I’m fairly sure that an S reg wagon will be Euro 0, so not allowed.
If it’s a Euro 1, then it’s the same rate, that’s 1 way.
For the Mont Blanc Tunnel, I can only see rates for Euro 1 or better.

Here is a link to the English version of the French SFTRF site, Frejus Tunnel Info page.

Where in Italy are you going? Is it a proper working trip, or a show truck?
The options basically are, Ventamilia, Frejus, Mont Blanc, via Switzerland or via Austria.
There are probably a few other routes, over passes etc. But there are a lot of weight restrictions which make it difficult. I’ve only ever used to ‘normal heavy traffic’ routes, so I don’t know about other alternatives.

Hi Simon many thanks for your trouble in finding out,i am going near Rimini with a full load of household furniture as someone is moving there to live,would you advise me to take my scania up the passes or not,she is only a 220bhp motor many thanks again. :smiley:

Many of the passes are closed to vehicles over a certain weight
check the route before to be safe as it may end up that you waste time and
money, is this site any good for you needs a slow read through
alpine passes

Hullo littleman,
I’ve not been to Italy for many years now, althought my Son has lived there for 15 years now, since I decided to sell up. I know not a thing about euro 2/3/4 engines, but what I would say to you is if you are going to Rimini in a rigid bodied Scania, stay away from the passes. as it will just be a ball ache traversing the tight corners. I personally would elect to drive straighgt down through France, enter via Ventiglimelia and drive across to Rimini. Steady driving all the way, most of it on Autoroutes, easy. If you are moving furniture I assume you have priced up the job anyway, so what did you use as a basis for that ? I wonder. We only used to use all these passes to save our Permit allocation, nowdays nobody has to worry about that. Take it easy, drive steady and save money. Good luck on your trip.
Cheers, Archie

Archie Paice:
Hullo littleman,
I’ve not been to Italy for many years now, althought my Son has lived there for 15 years now, since I decided to sell up. I know not a thing about euro 2/3/4 engines, but what I would say to you is if you are going to Rimini in a rigid bodied Scania, stay away from the passes. as it will just be a ball ache traversing the tight corners. I personally would elect to drive straighgt down through France, enter via Ventiglimelia and drive across to Rimini. Steady driving all the way, most of it on Autoroutes, easy. If you are moving furniture I assume you have priced up the job anyway, so what did you use as a basis for that ? I wonder. We only used to use all these passes to save our Permit allocation, nowdays nobody has to worry about that. Take it easy, drive steady and save money. Good luck on your trip.
Cheers, Archie

Hi Archie thanks for the advise,i am back from italy now and believe it or not i took a chance with the tunnel and they let me through on a euro4 tarriff when my motor was euro0,just lucky i guess right time right day,many thanks again. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

JB:
special drugs only available in mansfield… oh alright then… its the mansfield chronicle advertiser-chad for short… brian used to live in skegby which is a suburb of mansfield. i met him once in belgium enroute to italy, we got chatting, he asked me to drop him a local paper off in novarra when i was around… bit difficult on the co-op though :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

no got any post boxes in mansfield :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

jon boy 100:

JONBOY@RH:
special drugs only available in mansfield… oh alright then… its the mansfield chronicle advertiser-chad for short… brian used to live in skegby which is a suburb of mansfield. i met him once in belgium enroute to italy, we got chatting, he asked me to drop him a local paper off in novarra when i was around… bit difficult on the co-op though :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

arrr!
thats what it is,i thought it was just me being thick :wink:
jon

do you want the answer to that one jonboy :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Hi I am delivering a load to just outside of Naples, would you be so kind as to tell me the best and cheapest route, do I need to be wary of being hijacked as I have heard rumours but tend to take them with a pinch. I intended to use frajus. Any help would be greatly appreciated

JonnyRage:
Hi I am delivering a load to just outside of Naples, would you be so kind as to tell me the best and cheapest route, do I need to be wary of being hijacked as I have heard rumours but tend to take them with a pinch. I intended to use frajus. Any help would be greatly appreciated

As far as I remember, the best and cheapest route is the obvious one, when looking at a map.
Calais, Reims, Dijon, Lyon, Chambery, Frejus, Turin, Modena, Bologna, Florence, Rome, Naples.
(In Italy, look for the Italian names on the road signs - Torino, Firenza, Roma, Napoli or you’ll get lost. Use an Italian Stradali (map)).
Toll roads all the way basically, but they are also good clear and fast.
Don’t speed in Italy, they’ll fine you on the spot and are apparently quite keen these days, the limit is 80 :slight_smile: .
Naples had a reputation for hijackings, I don’t know how much of that reputation was truth or myth.
The story was, that it would be a Mafia hijacking, and that if you didn’t try to be a hero you and your personal gear would be ok. No-one else with any sense would try a hi-jacking in the Napoli area.
Naples isn’t an area I know at all, so I can’t recommend good parking.

From Calais, Macon is an easy 9 hours. The Pub at Bourg en Bresse is getting close to 10.
B & C for the BP at Macon and The Pub at Bourge
Either of those to the TIR Parking at Campogalliano or the big service area just before Bologna is a reasonable days work.They are both slightly off the direct route to Naples, but the extra distance isn’t worth bothering about.
A & B for Macon and the Pub, C & D for Campogalliano and Bologna
From either of these its an easy days drive to Naples.

I brob would need help

then put any questions you have forward as a post
after reading through the sticky,s so you can read
what is posted there,
here is a very Good tip even if you do have a sat-nav

Get the set of 3 yes THREE atlas for Italy
these are the best ones at all good ITALIAN
truck-stops or motorway services,

brit pete:

The set of three are made of North, Middle and South.
Only get all three if you’ll NEED them.

Simon:

brit pete:

I think coming on a ferry from Malta Orys, he may need all three! :stuck_out_tongue:

I prefer IP or Atlante Stradale Nord, Sud and Centro

Wheel Nut:

Simon:

brit pete:

I think coming on a ferry from Malta Orys, he may need all three! :stuck_out_tongue:

ORYS■■? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

bullitt:

Wheel Nut:

Simon:

brit pete:

ORYS■■? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Have you ever seen Orys and Simon in the same place at the same time? Thought not, so it could be… :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: