Italy help at any time

r slicker:
SHOULD ANY DRIVER REQUIRE ANY INFORMATION TRANSLATION IN ITALY OR REGARDING ITALY OR ITALIAN LAWS, PLEASE CALL BRIAN (R SLICKER) ON . AT ANY TIME DAY OR NIGHT IS NO PROBLEM.
(PLEASE NOTE THAT THE NORTH OF ITALY IS MY FORTE)

Ok.I was first time Italy last week.Company where I work have this Viacard but without any balance.Must taked reciept and they pay later.Problem when I prees button for assistence and told to Italian who please give me reciept anw I will pay later online thatthey not understend English.Can someone said me inItalian how will be correctly in Italianlanguage-PLEASE GIVE ME TICKET AND I WILL PAY LATER.Or what can talk else

Andrejs:
Ok.I was first time Italy last week.Company where I work have this Viacard but without any balance.Must taked reciept and they pay later.Problem when I prees button for assistence and told to Italian who please give me reciept anw I will pay later online thatthey not understend English.Can someone said me inItalian how will be correctly in Italianlanguage-PLEASE GIVE ME TICKET AND I WILL PAY LATER.Or what can talk else

They normally throw a ticket out of the machine fairly quickly if you don’t pay there and then. Did you get one in the end?

Yes.I get about 15-20 ticket per trip.But better learn 5 word in Italian language.Or what you talk and do?

in Italy for any form of discussion apart from the carabinieri who may just want to shoot you to be on the safe side,though they are still negotiable for ,passing the attitude test,making out your daft and silly and wangling a small gratuity to their favourite charity,(especialy the older ones)…but for anywhere else you may have cause to interact with the local populace I find it is always best to use the following phrase…
… SPEAK ENGLISH YOU SPAGHETTI EATING SURRENDER MONKEY… just keep repeating and repeating whilst increasing the volume of your voice,and sooner or later someone will appear to assist you .that was a tip passed down to me from my dad,and from my grandfather.it worked well enough for them in 1945,times may have changed,but the basic principal of interacting with the locals remains the same. obviously throughout Europe then you just change spaghetti for cheese etc if you are in france :smiley:

dieseldog999:
in Italy for any form of discussion apart from the carabinieri who may just want to shoot you to be on the safe side,though they are still negotiable for ,passing the attitude test,making out your daft and silly and wangling a small gratuity to their favourite charity,(especialy the older ones)…but for anywhere else you may have cause to interact with the local populace I find it is always best to use the following phrase…
… SPEAK ENGLISH YOU SPAGHETTI EATING SURRENDER MONKEY… just keep repeating and repeating whilst increasing the volume of your voice,and sooner or later someone will appear to assist you .that was a tip passed down to me from my dad,and from my grandfather.it worked well enough for them in 1945,times may have changed,but the basic principal of interacting with the locals remains the same. obviously throughout Europe then you just change spaghetti for cheese etc if you are in france :smiley:

Ah it runs in the family.

so does my sister if the weathers too bad to go down the pub. :smiley:

Can someone please suggest the best way to Milan without going threw Switzerland is it best to go through Mount Blanc tunnel. I am setting off from the northwest on Thursday dinner and have to be at the exhibition centre Milan for Monday 8am.

I will be going down to Dover thinking off staying there Thursday night Friday ferry over and head to Lyon then through Mount Blanc tunnel. Is this the best route

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Darrenb:
Can someone please suggest the best way to Milan without going threw Switzerland is it best to go through Mount Blanc tunnel. I am setting off from the northwest on Thursday dinner and have to be at the exhibition centre Milan for Monday 8am.

I will be going down to Dover thinking off staying there Thursday night Friday ferry over and head to Lyon then through Mount Blanc tunnel. Is this the best route

/
Tried looking at responses in your other post?

Franglais:

Darrenb:

/
Tried looking at responses in your other post?

I will be completely honest. Forgot I had already started a thread. One to many sherbets I think. Lol

Hi All, looking at doing a few trips to Palermo with flatbed trailers. Goods loading Southampton then down.

Best ferry cost & driving time wise? I think Naples-Palermo which saves 1300km going all the way down (but having trouble looking for the ferry company that goes to Messina anyway to be honest).

Reloads for flats? I do have a contact for marble and tile imports which would suit a flat but any other suggestions would be appreciated. Pitfuls, etc. To be honest its a couple of years since I have sent trucks to Italy, never mind Palermo! So any advice would be welcome. Oh and there is the possibility they could be down in Palermo just before Easter (if that makes it anymore interesting due to driving bans etc on Good Friday??)

Thanks,
Lee

lakesidelee:
…Reloads for flats? I do have a contact for marble and tile imports which would suit a flat but any other suggestions would be appreciated…

Sounds like a nice run! I always fancied a run down there to see what its like! RE reloads, I was going to suggest trying Smiths of Scotter! They used to run flats back from Italy with marble or granite!

For Easter in Italy , the truck ban is not just Good Friday, you have to park up Thursday night before Good Friday and can not drive again until Tuesday morning.
No driving over the weekend, four days parked up.
The trick is to find a decent place with showers and hot food, or a hotel.
ADR loads have more restrictions over the ban with ban routes and earlier times than general haulage.

lakesidelee:
…I think Naples-Palermo which saves 1300km going all the way down (but having trouble looking for the ferry company that goes to Messina anyway to be honest)…

Both Harbour Shipping and Viamare show a ferry crossing from Villa San Giovanni to Messina, not sure if it takes freight though!

Fab! Appreciate the answers. I should have more news by the end of the week and it might even be possible to squeeze these loads JUST before Easter (I did think it would be 4 days but wanted to confirm-not had time to check to be fair, was being a little lazy and its not all confirmed just yet)

We do a lot of swap bodies that come up by rail from Italy with Marble & granite so am hoping my customer can load us (we would have space to take the frames with us for this anyway so fingers crossed!)

Both Harbour Shipping and Viamare show a ferry crossing from Villa San Giovanni to Messina, not sure if it takes freight though

Will check this tomorrow too, thank you, i have used Harbour before :slight_smile:

will be weekended ( 45hr ) around Rome, could anyone suggest a decent stop over, showers restaurant usual comforts
Cheers guys in advance

I would park up at Civitavecchia , it is the port for Rome and cruise ship terminal.
From there train or bus to Rome which is an hour away.
I would not park in Rome due to risk of cab break in.
Another option is motorway services surrounded by Eastern European trucks with their engines running all day and night to power batteries to watch satellite TV.

You will need to prove you didn’t rest in the cab for 45 off with a hotel receipt, bath and shower in the hotel.
From November Ist in the UK , it is illegal to stay in the cab for a 45 but Europe has been illegal for a year or so .

toby1234abc:
I would park up at Civitavecchia , it is the port for Rome and cruise ship terminal.
From there train or bus to Rome which is an hour away.
I would not park in Rome due to risk of cab break in.
Another option is motorway services surrounded by Eastern European trucks with their engines running all day and night to power batteries to watch satellite TV.

You will need to prove you didn’t rest in the cab for 45 off with a hotel receipt, bath and shower in the hotel.
From November Ist in the UK , it is illegal to stay in the cab for a 45 but Europe has been illegal for a year or so .

I didn’t think Italy was upholding the ruling only Belgium, France and Germany and proof was only needed for those countries by their own authorities.
The UK has a 45 hr ban but it’s laybys and industrial estates not services or truck stops

i am off to italy tomorrow[fri]
first time in 10 years.
i eagerly look forward to it and hope they dont change it to spain at the last moment.
i assume there is much change.
i am wondering if the dust bowl at jayat is still there.
if so i wouldnt mind doing the sat nt/sun just for old time sake.

is there anything i dont know with regards the routiers.
i will go frejus,i always rathered it,and there was no motorways from chambery when i was using it last.
is anyone using the national 6 or is there a weight limit on it now.
when i was doing it fulltime,the goal was to pay as little tolls as possible,including tunnels,even if it meant going over the top.
now i dont think i can be bothered.i wil use autoroute,as a lot of people know,the irish companies 15 years ago didnt mind tachos so much,things have changed though.
i am having 24 now,the french are even into it now i am told.
i have forgotten alot but will book up pronto.
i probably wont be here to read the follow up to this unless i can get a computer over there

Sorry if I’m late. Yes Jayat is still there but Jean Yves dont give a monkeys about drivers. You will be better off coming off the A40 at junction6 & using the routiers there.
But IMO the BP at Macon for the weekend would be your best bet (If you can stand drunk brit drivers,I cant)