Italian Toll Booths

Now has anybody else had the following problem,
When in Italy to pay the tolls we use the company Barclaycard, this been down to the fact that the Italians don’t take D.K.V. at the toll booths.
Upto yet the card never seems to work in there machines, yet the card works fine everywhere else resturants fuel etc.etc.
Is this just our card or is anyone else having this problem.

Pretty common fault, I used to have a couple of cards that worked fine and a couple that didn’t. My mate had 4 cards and none of them worked. I got a VIA card and then the tag in the end, much easier.

We use company barclaycards and often have the same problem in Italy.

We have a couple of cards but the company usually give us a small amount of run money to cover the eventuality of none of the cards working.

If you do Italy a lot, get the gaffer to stop mucking around at the job.

Get a Tele Pass fitted.

It’s the Italian equivalent of a Dart Tag or Go-Box, but you get a dedicated lane at the peages and can nip through at about 30kmh. Any more than that and the machines can’t read your tag, so the barrier won’t lift :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

It takes a couple of peages practice before you can drive through at 30 too, they’re quite a neat fit for a wagon. :laughing:

Another alternative is to get the Via card. A company I worked for had them. I’m pretty sure they had the Shell logo on then and were basically a Shell account card specially for paying the Italian tolls. There is also a Via card users dedicated lane at all the peages.
Thinking back, I think my Murfitts wagon had a Tele Pass and also a Via Card which had a different logo on it. Possibly you get the Via card through an account holder (like Shell), who order the card from Via and it comes with their logo on it, or the account holder is authorised by Via to issue dedicated cards.
Hopefully there’s someone who could enlighten me on this

Simon:
Possibly you get the Via card through an account holder (like Shell), who order the card from Via and it comes with their logo on it, or the account holder is authorised by Via to issue dedicated cards.
Hopefully there’s someone who could enlighten me on this

I got my VIA card through the people who claimed bcak my foreign VAT, it was tied to my Euroshell account in as much as that was how the bills were settled but it didn’t have any extra logos on it. After I had been issued with the card I was then able to get the TAG through the same people. I had to pay a monthly fee for the tag but it was something stupid like €1.50.

And your right, great fun in seeing how fast you can get through the Peage, coupled with that moment of will it lift or won’t it.

Simon:
If you do Italy a lot, get the gaffer to stop mucking around at the job.

Get a Tele Pass fitted.

If I get any more of those bloody things, I won’t be able to see out of the screen!

We asked about telepass they said we could have one if we gave an Italian address and Italian bank account.

Ben9:
We asked about telepass they said we could have one if we gave an Italian address and Italian bank account.

I had neither of those things and got a Telepass no problem. Contact your fuel card provider.

i,ve always used a via card but could do with a tele pass.

Simon:
It’s the Italian equivalent of a Dart Tag or Go-Box, but you get a dedicated lane at the peages and can nip through at about 30kmh. Any more than that and the machines can’t read your tag, so the barrier won’t lift :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Have you any pictures of this incident :smiley:

Wheel Nut:

Simon:

Have you any pictures of this incident :smiley:

:open_mouth: Sorry, no.
The only things I could see
where tarmac and tyre smoke :laughing: :laughing: :unamused: