Italian round trips

hi, im thinking of taking on some work to europe.so far iv only realy spoken to bradclyde about work to italy.can anybody advise on who would be best to load for on a round trip basis or anybody have any comments on the above mentioned forwarder. thanks a.m

Hi i worked for Bradclyde in the late 80,s and they were ok for ferries and payment. But as the only tilt i could hire with a belly was with 500lt i found it hard. And that was before they put 8 per cent vat on my fuel. After that i pulled for Lazer and had my air tanks and more removed also i had a special fuse wire which was trimmed at each end. But Bradclyde for me were good. The problem was tipping all over the UK. When i had my 141 we used to tip Yugo aswell. Good old days.Yes Sir

cheers mate,perhaps its not hard to pay on ntime when you dont have much of a rate to pay out

Very true but also true is when your out and about you hear and meet others. And at the time Bradclyde kept me going, and then you,ll hear about other work.
Even now there will be work, if only i knew where :laughing:

Don’t know if it’s relevant or at all possible but i was doing round trips to Italy out of Belgium for Sitra in Ypres, tipping in Italy, reload Italy for France then reloading for UK.

Not sure if they use UK hauliers as i was working for a Belgian at the time, no harm in asking i guess.

By the way it was fridge work

does the member r slicker on here not have loads for italy ?

i cant tell names as im only a driver but i used to end up weekly with 2 full loads in my trailer and there was plenty more to come dont think you’ll be short of a load from there