Italian motorway fee dodge.Myth or true

Was it true you could dodge the tolls,by two trucks running together,hard to explain,or make any sense of the question,but somehow,one truck would exit the toll,and something to do with keeping a ticket.Dont make sense,i know!!Via verde in Portugal,(Green lane),go through for free,without stopping,alarms go off,hope no GNR( Guarda national republica).BT unit(Briagado transitoes),dont chase you down the road.Portuguese camera only recognises Portuguese number plates.Ran Lisbon to Oporto,saved hundreds of euros a week.

Just tell 'em you 'ent got any money. It worked for me once.

The Italian one was go to the peaggio ,tell them you got no dosh ,they take details of your passport & on you go ! Guys were doing it for years but i only heard about it when I got with rich companies with all the charge cards so it was no use to me.

It used to be the case (and possibly still is, but what with the ANPR and all I wouldn’t try it) that if two of you were running through France in opposite directions, you could meet at the midway point at a services and swap peage tickets, then continue, and exit a short distance before the end of the peage section, and each driver would be presenting a ticket that had only been used on a short section of the peage.

Or so I’m told :wink:

Years ago the French peage operator would give you a Blanco for a small consideration .You could get on the A’route at Paris ,get off at the next exit & write on the ticket the price to Lyon . But of course if you filled up on the national it could prove tricky.

harry:
The Italian one was go to the peaggio ,tell them you got no dosh ,they take details of your passport & on you go ! Guys were doing it for years but i only heard about it when I got with rich companies with all the charge cards so it was no use to me.

Done that on a few occasions in Italy when the running money was getting low . . . a la MFP International - Used to call it “bumping”

Saying not enough money worked in Portugal on the toll motorways,like the poster says,leave passport details and sign a paper,off you go,in to the sunset.They had no powers to get any money from the UK.

You could get all the way from Cluses, but beware St Omer, they were just not having it :stuck_out_tongue:

Wheel Nut:
You could get all the way from Cluses, but beware St Omer, they were just not having it :stuck_out_tongue:

Not having any money at the St. Omer peage is normally the least of your problems. :wink: