It would be very interesting to read the statistics for all

It would be very interesting to read the statistics of all the trucks stuck at Dover ,like how many Scania’s how many Volvo’s, Daf’s etc?
How many Fridges,dry boxes, curtainsiders, tippers, tankers etc?
Also what Nationalities the drivers are and where the trucks are registered?
Where have they loaded from and where are they all going to ?
And most of all what are they carrying?
I suppose the shipping agent has most of that info.

I wouldn’t recommend walking around that queue with a clipboard and ballpoint pen…

miketdt:
It would be very interesting to read the statistics of all the trucks stuck at Dover ,like how many Scania’s how many Volvo’s, Daf’s etc?
How many Fridges,dry boxes, curtainsiders, tippers, tankers etc?
Also what Nationalities the drivers are and where the trucks are registered?
Where have they loaded from and where are they all going to ?
And most of all what are they carrying?
I suppose the shipping agent has most of that info.

Interesting? :neutral_face: hmmmm
You should get out more mate. :laughing:

Well Robroy, like you having been an owner operator and having just returned to the industry at the age of 64 due to Covid 19 , I would like to find an easier way of making money than night trunking up and down motorways. Having driven in most Eu countries and having family ( sons ) in Europe there must be a nice little contract somewhere after Brexit is done to earn a shilling from.

miketdt:
Well Robroy, like you having been an owner operator and having just returned to the industry at the age of 64 due to Covid 19 , I would like to find an easier way of making money than night trunking up and down motorways. Having driven in most Eu countries and having family ( sons ) in Europe there must be a nice little contract somewhere after Brexit is done to earn a shilling from.

:smiley: Speaking as somebody in very similar circumstances and experience as yourself (although not as old :laughing: ) I’ve been looking for an alternative type career to this ■■■■ for bloody years mate. :smiley:
However the thought of getting any type of haulage contract and going back to owning my own motors fills me with dread. :smiley: