It Was all going so well

Hello peeps

My phone has not stops since joining this forum and putting my self out there thanks for the advice ,

Well the past few weeks ive had a very easy part class 2 job 1 drop takes around 4 hrs in total then home :open_mouth: It made me hungry for more hours so I started for a agency yestaday temp to perm It was a nightmare , The firm I worked for put me in a class 2 air leaks from the under carrage ,service light and low air pressure warning light on brakes grinding etc etc it just felt wrong :angry:

I tried to say to the manager after going on the road for about 10 miles im bringing it back Its not fit to drive and started a load of crap for the agency guy ,

The transport manager says its fine and hes been driving them for 15 yrs I explained the CPC and rules of the road are fresh in my mind so Im not taking any chances

,I offered to still work there but can he get one of his full time drivers in the truck and ill take his or hers he said NO that truck or nothing so I passed him the keys and said good LUCK !!!

Ive listed all the faults on the pre check sheet and there was alot :angry:

Did I do the right thing taking it back ,I know 100% last week a polish guy was moaning about the same truck and he also walked away from it :laughing:

I just want to drive a truck and be on the road there are alot of time wasting firms out there he also told me the normal shift is 14hrs per day 5 days a week WTF :laughing:

Rant over

I now have rang the part time job I had with my tail right up my arse :laughing: :laughing:

He says he will ring if needed gutted :frowning:

Sorry for the bad Grammer Im on a ipad and its rubish if my missus reads my posts ive had it shes a English teacher :laughing: :laughing:

Operating a vehicle in that condition is a disgrace. You should report the operator to VOSA. They should act on it, without stating the source of the information, and they will be sorted out. If you don’t do this you are letting someone else in for it.

BTW, you shouldn’t have left the yard with the defects you were aware of, but that’s history.

Hope the job situation picks up soon for you - - but you’ve done the right thing.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks Pete

good news is im working for the part time guy Tonight I wish I took some pics of the warning lights and truck now ,

Im not being OTT either with all the stuff on the news the past few months over drivers etc

I agree I shoundnt of left the yard but being a Newbie I didnt want to sound Like a moaning git but im glad I walked away TBH

I dont really want to name and shame but If I have any more txts from the agency guy I will be :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Absolutely the correct thing to do mate, if it aint right, don’t do it!! In agreement that you shouldn’t have taken it out of the yard, but as a newbie myself I understand where you are coming from, in that you don’t want to come across as a muppet or whatever!!

I have been lucky as I have managed to secure myself regular weekend work with a good firm, on a decent pay package and there trucks are in good order, serviced pretty much every 6 weeks, I had a vehicle on my first weekend and the brakes were very iffy, got back to the yard, left a basic note on the envelope with all my paperwork and timesheets, basically stating required workshop attention, do not release vehicle from yard until approved by workshops. Left an in depth note with the fault, what happened at the time bla bla on the steering wheel for the workshop guys so they had something to go off.

Went in the next weekend, happened to see the chief mechanic as the vehicle i was taking out that weekend had just been serviced, he was happy that I left a note explaining the fault and what happened and he informed me of what had happened and what to do in the future if same thing happened!!

So all in all, worked out well, no fuss or hassle from the office. So job done.

In this game I have learnt very quickly that it is all about C Y A - Cover Your Arse!!!

Thanks mate Im glad I wasnt just being a nut :laughing: :laughing:

Im not giving up theres a full timer out there waiting for me im sure of that :laughing:

I Just cant find the bloody thing :wink:

I tend to believe thet all these gauges, warning lights and fault codes are for reason!
If someone gets killed or even serious collision/accident your lorry will be stripped down to find out the cause of it. Who is most likely to be at the blame first of all?
As said above. If TM have such a big mouth to leave you with no options as to drive it or walk away…VOSA or who ever is involved would be at his yard next morning!

Well done for havin g the fortitude to stick to your guns (eventually after leaving the yard :wink: ) and refusing to take an un roadworthy truck out. It’s an expensive few pieces of plastic you have in Your wallet and its you that loses them if something bad happens.

Thanks fellas :wink: The Agency guy rang me today and said will I go back in that truck :unamused:

Not a chance ,the Manager of the firm says the lights are on becuase they dont use a main agent to serivice the truck and they cant turn them off , But that dosnt explain the air leak and dodgy brake issues and the general condition :angry:

Also he says the manager told him that it was serviced last week :laughing: :laughing:

The inspection light is on " spanner " and a red triangle with a ! in it , This tells me there is a fault or it needs to go to garage.

If I crashed it and they seen those lights on id be in big trouble I think :cry:

Also the seat didnt hold air and kept going down :laughing: there is a major hissing from under the CaBin :confused:

The main thing I have learnt on my CPC is that if theres a leak or warning light report it and do not use the truck ,So I agree the CPC is a good thing to have :smiley: I didnt at first but Now im all for CPC training :laughing:and had nearly 9000.0000 on the clock but some trucks can easy do this I think

Safe trucking :smiley:

Oh must add it was a 18 T renault on a 2004 Ive seen better 94 regs on the road it had poppies on the sides he must of bought from a auction :laughing:

In fact you don’t have to wait for something to happen. Don’t think you’ll get away with usual “it was ok when I left the yard” if VOSA pulls you in! Especially if you’re heading opposite way from your yard!

The more drivers that refuse to be taken for a ride,the better. DVSA will not take pity on you because you don’t want to upset your boss,or ‘Im a new pass’ etc. Neither will any family member of any person killed or injured as a result of knowingly taking a defective vehicle onto the road.

Well done for being professional. Remember,its YOUR license-don’t abuse it.

I drive a Premium, that red light means something is wrong. You did the right thing, ignore what the TM says, its your license that gets taken away if you get caught. Report him to the DVSA for running unsafe vehicles. Having 900K on the clock does not excuse regular vehicle maintenance. I’ve driven a 56 plate Merc Atego with over 850K on the clock and aside from needing arms like Hulk Hogan to use the gearbox it was sound as a pound.

Again Thanks All Im glad you all agree Ive done the correct thing :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Trucker 1:
Again Thanks All Im glad you all agree Ive done the correct thing :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

A true pro well done fella. :sunglasses: Always stay clear of the red :exclamation: