It takes ages...

Nobody will help but either I’m very impatient or it really takes ages… Sent my forms in the middle of January. Licence arrived 19th March… Same day booked my theory and the earliest available 25 April.
I thought I’d get everything sorted till end of March but no chance.
Does it really take that long?

Understand your frustration. You can keep checking online for earlier dates. You can also spread the net wider for acceptable test centres. I have known folks travel up to 80 miles to get earlier dates. Not all test centres have long lead times as a general rule.

Hope this helps, just a little.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Yeah, sure… 200 miles to Aberdeen by boat or plane… :wink:

Some folks have got no sense of adventure haha!

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

dead.duck:
Nobody will help but either I’m very impatient or it really takes ages… Sent my forms in the middle of January. Licence arrived 19th March… Same day booked my theory and the earliest available 25 April.
I thought I’d get everything sorted till end of March but no chance.
Does it really take that long?

Theres normally either a back log for dates. Theres a massive back log over here in Ireland with Uk drivers swapping licences over to EU ones lately so anyone who was a learner who either wants a permit or to exchange to a full licence might be waiting 3-4 months just to get an appointment.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Same here it’s taken months, took me quite a while just to work out what was what first with CPC’s, jargon, and other things.

Then had to book medical(got mine in Aberdeen), get the provisional, theory test date was weeks ahead and I failed the HP by one mark so had to resit. Then the first training date is month ahead again. So overal it can take up to 6 months.