It’s Criminal

Evening

Not long passed my Class 2/1 and pretty new the industry and to the tramping game, not got too many spots picked out etc. I was counting down the clock till my 15h, and thought I had picked out a decent spot off the M42. Looked like a quiet industrial estate I had looked out on google maps, no double yellows in sight, and I left 20/30 minutes to spare to get my self positioned and parked up in a nice spot when I got there. When I did get there I was getting waved and shouted at by security guards who said it was private land and if I stayed I would be fined £290 and police would be called.

Now in a bit of a situation having to find and get to somewhere inside 30 minutes I pull to the side of the road, bang the hazards on and bring up google maps looking for another spot close by. Guys comes over and tells me I have 30 second to get off the land or I’m getting a £290 fine anyway as he says I was blocking traffic. This was on a 2 lane road inside the estate with no double yellows after 6. Only exit takes me straight on to an A road just after 6 at night and tell him I have to find a place to park before I can move to avoid breaking numerous laws and he starts taking photos of the truck!

Point is we seem to be looked at as scumbag criminals and disturbers of the peace in some places and to some people, and all you want to do is get your head down, job done and home.

Just tell him to pop it in the post.

Perhaps remind him that private enforcement is a civil matter and on private land I don’t think the bizzies will be interested on either front.

Look on the lamp posts if there’s a local council sticker saying post number and how to report faults , tell little hitler to F off as it’s a public place

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes I parked up on a industrial est , Googled retail park
To get food ( 1.4 miles away ) , walked there to
Find they’d only just started building it
My answer is days

He got a few choice words blasted in his ear when he came over to reiterate the fact he was about to fine me. Wasn’t long on squirrelling off but couldn’t risk the fine had they went ahead with it. Ill be looking out for the lamppost signs next time for sure.

Google maps is a brilliant tool to have especially to negotiate how to get onto some sites instead of getting there and realising you have landed yourself on a blind reverse. But some places get thrown up or took down so fast it can’t keep up sometimes.

A private individual or company CANNOT FINE YOU OR ANY ONE ELSE. They can send you a penalty charge and you can wipe your bum with it. End of story.

alamcculloch:
They can send you a penalty charge and you can wipe your bum with it. End of story.

Oh god you’re one of those. Can’t Pay, Won’t Pay has had plenty of episodes with bailiffs who have turned up to the houses of people who followed your advice.

It may have been private land but was it a private road that you were on? These are usually very prominently sign-posted.

Conor:
Oh god you’re one of those. Can’t Pay, Won’t Pay has had plenty of episodes with bailiffs who have turned up to the houses of people who followed your advice.

Can’t Pay Won’t Pay…

As far as I’m aware, has never screened an episode where the opening line was ‘we’re off to claim £500 for an un-paid parking ticket’. The vast majority of shows involve non payment of rent.

Conor:

alamcculloch:
They can send you a penalty charge and you can wipe your bum with it. End of story.

Coming up to 5 years of not paying for parking or tickets that have not been issued by the police or council and as yet no sightings of bailiffs in Derry or South Armargh perhaps where you live could be an advantage :smiley: :smiley:

Only the Police or Council can issue FINES Jumped up little Hitlers can issue parking notices ,that is the extent of their powers. ell the small minded turd that you are delivering to a unit first thing in the morning they need their supplies to trade and contribute to HIS wages.T

Mazzer2:

Conor:

alamcculloch:

Coming up to 5 years of not paying for parking or tickets that have not been issued by the police or council and as yet no sightings of bailiffs in Derry or South Armargh perhaps where you live could be an advantage :smiley: :smiley:

Same here but for longer than 5 years and I live in sunny Wales :smiley:

manski:

Mazzer2:

Conor:

alamcculloch:

Same here but for longer than 5 years and I live in sunny Wales :smiley:

LOL plenty of places to hide in Wales too

yourhavingalarf:

Conor:

Can’t Pay Won’t Pay…

As far as I’m aware, has never screened an episode where the opening line was ‘we’re off to claim £500 for an un-paid parking ticket’. The vast majority of shows involve non payment of rent.

I have too much time on my hands and also watched many episodes of ‘Cant Pay, Wont Pay’ and I cannot recall a single instance of the bailiffs going after a parking charge … Conor I think you need yours meds changed …

yourhavingalarf:

Conor:

Can’t Pay Won’t Pay…

They are also unlikely to show the cases where they turn up, knock, no answer, return to base empty handed, and bill the claimant/creditor for attendance.

I’d never recommend that people ignore actual court action - that is, letters from judges, court managers, or forms which are stamped with the seal of the court.

But it may be an effective strategy to simply ignore demands and begging letters from private companies, provided you are willing to fight the case hard if they do proceed to court, and also settle the claim if they win.

This strategy imposes both the maximum uncertainty upon them before embarking on court action, and imposes the most grievous up-front costs on them at every step of the way if they do proceed to court, so companies motivated by profit and cash flow (rather than, for example, public authorities motivated by principle and with bottomless pockets) are likely to desist or pursue only a tiny fraction of cases.

It is only the corollary to the morally bankrupt way in which they behave and attempt to impose swingeing charges for minor or brief parking infractions. And their main method of generating profit is from those who simply pay up, with nothing spent on it other than the cost of a computer generated letter and a franked envelope.

Taking a single case to court, once all staff time and court costs are paid out, may cost a private parking company the proceeds from many dozens of fines which were paid without quibble, and if they target someone determined not to pay or totally unable to pay or who goes bankrupt shortly after (or who doesn’t even exist, or whose details have been recorded fraudulently or inaccurately at DVLA) then they may never get a penny back, so they are extremely conservative about pursuing unknown debtors.

You change the equation entirely if you correspond with them from the outset, admitting that it is your vehicle, that you were the driver, that they have the correct details, that you seem like the sort of person who can be forced to pay, etc.

And they know (from experience, if nothing else) that the sorts of people who run up fines and don’t correspond, tend to be an adverse selection of society, with many being the sort of people with nothing to lose or who quickly become untraceable.

It’s not enough for them to win and successfully enforce only some cases issued at court, because the costs of the cases where they don’t get a penny back will quickly exceed the small profits from the wins.

Mazzer2:

Conor:

alamcculloch:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
possibly the fact that in some areas over here then due to the fact that 99% have had the “bizzo” done to their meters then being “officially” told by the balaclava brigade that if they send round leccy meter readers with or without a police ■■■■■■ will result in them being shot walso works just as well.