It;s a 7.5 not a car!

So why do you send me down this bloody alley??
I needed to do a U so satnav sent me right, right, left, back onto road I wanted to be on
Just look at it, this is insane.
I made it it, thanks to the eversohelpful mechanic from the garage on the last corner who banked me around, then said “These ■■■■■■■■ park here illegally and never get done for it”
I am talking millimetres of clearance here, SO tight.
Just follow that, turn right, and start sweating just like I did :smiley:
google.co.uk/maps/@51.55372 … 384!8i8192

But have you told your sat nav that you’re not car sized?

Better get used to millimetres of clearance if you’re going to be doing home deliveries around London…

Stussy:
But have you told your sat nav that you’re not car sized?

Yep, I even over measured just to be safe.
If there had been no-one illegally parked on that last corner I could have got through there easily. Well, not easily, but I could have done it.

idrive, hehe, I’m looking forward to it, mate :slight_smile: I have a drivers mate every day for just those events. Roll on, Monday :slight_smile:

I used to multi drop around Stamford Hill, do not miss that at all.
Back door of grodzinski bakery, cars parked all round this corner, some of the scrapes on that wall are various bumpers of mine.
goo.gl/maps/sXTCSvYVQKR2
The double red lines and one way system are ignored by all as the council “disowned” the road and it’s now private property according to a copper that was parked on that very bend eating his sandwich. He moved very reluctantly and slowly to let me get round

eeeeek. Just up the road from me. Yep, bad spot indeed.

You see this little arch…

google.co.uk/maps/@52.19155 … 312!8i6656

Well try getting an urban artic through it… Then come back and tell me about tight :slight_smile: It’s actually harder in reality that it looks on that pic.

Pffffft! It’s a straight run right through the middle. either it fits or it doesn’t. No amount of skill or handling ability is going to change that :smiley:

So its your sat navs fault that you have come across a low bridge and a narrow road, and not the driver?. Better stick to puddle jumpers

Sat navs dont know the widths of roads unless it has a specific restriction, so it’ll still try to send you down unsuitable roads esp in London (which is just unsuitable for everything!)

I always tended to stop and walk the road if they look like that since all you need is a badly parked van and you’re stuck. Doesnt help if they want something delivered down there admittedly.

As for sammys arch - doesnt look like theres enough room to get straight for the trailer to get through without going on the opposite pavement. Glad i do night trunking now.

no1dieselman:
So its your sat navs fault that you have come across a low bridge and a narrow road, and not the driver?. Better stick to puddle jumpers

I will, I know my limits, unlike the satnav :slight_smile:

Yes trevHCS, that’s what I should have done, completely agree. I’m learning the trade all over again after a long layoff. The old me would never have gone down there in the first place.

Sammys arch, yeah, hats off to sammy for getting an urban artic through there :open_mouth:

I gave the satnav a full service, changed the oil, re-installed maps, set HWL measurements again. Good to go for me new job tomorrow.
Will do the tape measure check on the new veh, just to be certain.