It pulled in front of me officer, honest!

NEWS: Lorry driver taken to hospital, after a serious incident on the #M1 this morning. The incident happened at around 0100am on the southbound carriageway between J11 and 10.

A.large goods vehicle collided with the rear of a highways England crash cushion - which was protecting workers in front.

Smart section? thinking about it no, that bit has a hard shoulder that can be used when authorised.

Hopefully the cushion did its job and the lads working on the motorway were unhurt.

I did years of midnight /1 am starts , not
Good especially starting midnight &
Falling out cab at 3 pm , should be looked
At

ive a mate that drives them and he always said the flashing amber arrows on the back seem to attract cars like a moth to a flame as theres some types of driver just cant comprehend where to go and by the time they work it out,they have ran right up the jacksie of the cushion similar to this.
coincidentally he always has a good selection of mobile hones for sale. :slight_smile:

Bastids…

Have given him a parking ticket too.

And that is why reduced speed limits are in place regardless of whether workers are working or not.

the speed limit made no difference to this dude,
what validity is there for having a reduced speed limit on a road for “the safety of the workforce” when theres no workforce working?
most of the time you travel up the M6 for 20 miles of speed restrictions to repeat all the way down to london then its highly unlikely that you will see a living soul working.
its bad enough when there is someone working for possibly 8 hours a day,thereafter its 16 hours of overkill for no reason other than the now normal practice of uk jobsworths h&s overkill.

When I was on the wreckers, we went to one where a car transporter went into the back of one.

Driver changed his hay fever meds over the weekend, come Monday he fell asleep at the wheel, woke up after the accident.

Full load of brand new VW’s and Skoda’s.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Ah, so this is why I ended up doing a 14 hour shift the other night (well, partly. The other reason was the usual idiots who crashed on the M25 later that morning). Cheers, pal.

Its usually cars I see overnight getting close to doing that or about to run into the cones despite all the signs.

Always wondered how much of a jolt the people in the crash wagon get. Cant imagine they could get away without potential whiplash esp from a truck.

trevHCS:
Its usually cars I see overnight getting close to doing that or about to run into the cones despite all the signs.

Always wondered how much of a jolt the people in the crash wagon get. Cant imagine they could get away without potential whiplash esp from a truck.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
i would imagine they draw straws to see who gets the chance of sitting for a shift on the chance of being whiplash victims…instant retirelant and a wallop of cash. :wink:

The real Biffo:

NEWS: Lorry driver taken to hospital, after a serious incident on the #M1 this morning. The incident happened at around 0100am on the southbound carriageway between J11 and 10.

A.large goods vehicle collided with the rear of a highways England crash cushion - which was protecting workers in front.

I tried to stopski tak

All them flashing lights officer,just didn’t see it.

Anyway heard on the radio traffic was bumper to bumper.

I’ll get my coat :slight_smile: