It is with regret I have to announce

a clamp down on this forum, It has always been regarded by me as one of the more responsible forums on TruckNet , and because of that I have been remiss in monitoring it.

I have today removed a 35 page thread that contained some good memories and chats, because it also contained many many attempts to evade the auto censor , and many risque jokes and after an hour of checking and deleting I was only 6 pages through it I decided that it was beyond recovery and removed the whole thing. . I also removed some other topics that were not relevant at all and of a ■■■■■■ nature

I do realise that sometimes we all forget when posting on here we are not just talking to other truck drivers, the general public, women and children also view these threads.

While a conversation and a joke within the canteen at work may step beyond the mark, would you repeat them in front of your young children/grand children at the school gates? or while having Sunday dinner? - well those young ones can read here also.

This is a forum for discussing our industry and its history, there are other forums that cater for the more extreme jokes and ■■■■■■ content, I do encourage all to use this for what it is intended, and find other avenues away from this website for the more “exotic” posts.

I do hope that you understand, here at TruckNet we do what we do, and some content is simply not acceptable, find another website that caters for your needs if you wish.

To the 99% of members who already post on topic, and in a manner that is acceptable to all, thank you, the 1% who dont. please stop or we will premoderate your posts and ensure this forum stays on track

I would like to thank you for the private messages and e-mails received. and for the assurances that the situation will not occur again. Particularly gratifying was the mails from those posting the messages that caused the problem and reaised it had gone too far and moved this forum from what it should be about. No-one has been penalised or had their posting rights restricted, I do hope from here we can move on and keep this forum on topic.

Well done rikki, but i must add that some other posts on other forums are being allowed to use swear words without monitoring, we can all swear when we want to, but there is a time and a place, and remembering that there are children and ladies who read our posts, and in my opinion swearing should not be tolerated, so i hope this can be dealt with as well.

Has there been a problem with the website ? I have not been able to even load the website for the last 5 or 6 days, even by going in via Google ? :frowning:

Ringrose:
Has there been a problem with the website ? I have not been able to even load the website for the last 5 or 6 days, even by going in via Google ? :frowning:

Did you ever work for ExHell?

Hi Riki, I dont know if you look at the A One page, there has recently been quite a lot misunderstanding by the unknown “Newmrecman”, no-one knows who he is but the remarks he makes are becoming offensive and to the point of being abusive, this site has been the best thing that ever happened to the so called lost drivers from our old company, we recently had a reunion which went down brilliantly, and every one went home with a smile on there faces.
Unfortunately this "Newmrecman"who ever he is a wind up merchant who has upset far too many of our friends, making suggestions of fighting that never took place and in general is making the site very unpleasant, to the point that some of them are leaving because of the abuse from him, whoever he is.
Is it possible to block him from the site before he doe’s any more damage, we are all too old and past his games and just want to enjoy the site.
Regards :-Jack Graham

Rikki is probably busy right now, so I’ve left a little message on the A-one topic and I hope that does the trick. dd. :wink:

I’d like to add a little note…

Even though the index page lists Rikki as the Moderator for this forum, other Moderators also keep an eye on it. :wink:

And a reminder…
If there’s a post that anybody thinks is out of order, PLEASE use the “report” button for that post when you read it.
You can also tell us what you think is wrong on the report form.

:bulb: This brings the matter to our attention much more quickly and it’s confidential.

another thing to remember is you can ignore posts of anyone by clicking on their username and then clicking add foe - then you won’t see any of their posts !

Jack Graham:
Hi Riki, I dont know if you look at the A One page, there has recently been quite a lot misunderstanding by the unknown “Newmrecman”, no-one knows who he is but the remarks he makes are becoming offensive and to the point of being abusive, this site has been the best thing that ever happened to the so called lost drivers from our old company, we recently had a reunion which went down brilliantly, and every one went home with a smile on there faces.
Unfortunately this "Newmrecman"who ever he is a wind up merchant who has upset far too many of our friends, making suggestions of fighting that never took place and in general is making the site very unpleasant, to the point that some of them are leaving because of the abuse from him, whoever he is.
Is it possible to block him from the site before he doe’s any more damage, we are all too old and past his games and just want to enjoy the site.
Regards :-Jack Graham

Rikki is probably busy right now, so I’ve left a little message on the A-one topic and I hope that does the trick. dd. :wink:

The idea of TruckNet UK is a forum for ALL lorry drivers to share memories, stories, photographs and jokes. When a thread becomes a closed shop for company drivers they need to learn how to start a B2B forum and have their own members only club. This is a free forum and as it states at the top, "For drivers, by drivers.

I think it was page 4 when DenisGlover had a go at a few of the regular posters, in fact it was page 4 when he was almost arguing with me over a chance remark about meeting a nice bloke from A-One called Dennis in the Hotel Wien in Budapest. I know when it was because my closest school friend had just died from Multiple Sclerosis.

Other companies have tried to have their own threads on the internet, the blue lorries from Surrey who do a bit of airfreight from Schiphol tried it. There was a Southampton company who did it too.

The A-One thread was started by Kojak and several contributors got it going. Marc, New Merc Man, so called because he sold new Mercedes Benz trucks, as well as operating his own fleet of lorries, and also being a transport magazine journalist. He is hardly unknown on these forums. He posts some good and interesting stories, photographs and occasional driver tales.

Many people enjoy them, some laugh at him, some argue with him, some agree with him, but tittle tattle to the teacher is not the answer. There are loads of opposing opinions on this great site. there are many more great threads. I remember A-One and UFO very well. I don’t remember them all as miserable blokes who would ignore other drivers on a ferry or down the road.

By the way, Marc doesn’t need me to fight his battles, he is big enough and ugly enough to do that himself. How do I know, because he told me. I have never met the bloke but you can still occasionally judge a person from an internet forum.

Seasons Greetings from another outspoken Yorkshireman.

good post wheel nut. as for the boys from surrey (blue lorries, all flash no cash) dont go there.