Same as all supermarket work, Yeah we have to work weekends,

Not all supermarket work lol

Seany:

George@ASDA driver:
Same as all supermarket work, Yeah we have to work weekends,

Not all supermarket work lol

Even better then lol :sunglasses:

George@ASDA driver:
Don’t think I’d want to work anywhere else.

Same as all supermarket work, Yeah we have to work weekends, 50% weekends actually. If I’m finished past 2pm on a weekend its rare.

The pay and conditions, easy work and going home clean every day more than makes up for that though. :sunglasses:

Good on yer George@. You always come across as a glass half full person. Its good that you are happy in your job, theres nothing wrong with that. Ive done my share of complaining about the job, but as its been a bit quiet lately and my son-in-laws garage has been over busy, Ive dusted off me spanners and gone over there to help out a bit…JEEZ a shock to the system! Id forgot just how hard mechanicking is! I came home KERNAKERED and as black as a crow, and in desperate need of a manicure before driving a truck again!! A day out, driving a Morrisons truck, eating cake and supping tea tomorrow is not a really daunting prospect after all!
(Pays better too, seeing my son-in-law thinks I dont *need* money, and so didnt risk embarrassing me with an offer!!

Winseer:
Every county has it’s unemployment black spot after all. Build new depots there.

They did in Rochdale didn’t they, & you had to be a local to get a job…!?

I did 3 years for ASDA Washington ADC & have never had an easier job before or since. Sometimes stores sometimes other depots, always clean kit, 4 shifts in seven meant every other weekend worked but that was never a problem, my rota meant that every 12 weeks I got 6 days off with no loss of holidays. I once worked out that I got 156 days off a year, before holidays & bank holidays were added. I don’t know what it’s like now though.

I’m not on for Asda, but I can’t imagine doing anything else but supermarket.

Rarely work over 9hrs, clean work, new kit, not running bent, no hassle from vosa, no running with defects no matter how small, hardly touch the load, no hassle from the gaffs, no calls during your shift, no rush, no stress, home every afternoon, and more importantly a very very very healthy salary…

Negatives? Got to work a fair amount of weekends (but I’m done for lunchtime)

Couldn’t be happier tbh.

^^^ +1

I’ve just recently started with one of the supermarkets and work 4 out of 8 weekends. The firm treats you really well and I’m really enjoying a proper work/ life balance now :slight_smile:

markoc:
^^^ +1

I’ve just recently started with one of the supermarkets and work 4 out of 8 weekends. The firm treats you really well and I’m really enjoying a proper work/ life balance now :slight_smile:

Welcome to the club, I thank my lucky stars every time I walk through goods in and see the shape of some of em’ in there I may suggest they keep a defibrillator handy.