It Came in the post this morning

Digital Tacho card that is…Just wish i knew what to do with it…

Anyone had any problems with it…or maybe just your views and experiences might be interesting :sunglasses:

thecoder0:

Anyone had any problems with it…or maybe just your views and experiences might be interesting :sunglasses:

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=76

:unamused:

Rob K:

thecoder0:

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=76

:unamused:

That is very kind of you many thanks

thecoder0:

Its much the same as tacho cards you only change the mode for rest or POA it goes to crossed hammers every time moter stops.The digi will only show UTC time which is an hour less( ex start 5am the digi willshow 4am you cant alter that) If you are starting or finishing as soon as you get in or out of the wagon then no need to put in manual addittion (just the same as writing on your card at finish or start of your shift) Start & finish place UK must be enterd manualy (unless OTW of course) to get print out at end of shift press the eject button for your card the read out will come up finish place UK Press YES it will come up printout started &will start your printout & eject your card.If every thing ■■■■■ up wait a few minutes and try again. Hope that helps a little bit :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

greek:
The digi will only show UTC time which is an hour less( ex start 5am the digi willshow 4am you can`t alter that)

It will record all activities in UTC, which cannot be altered, but you can alter the display to show local time if you wish.

thecoder can you please tell me when for the first time you put it in what button are you supposed to press to activate it for the first time. I lost my how to use it guide…thanks in advance

Will do Goofball but at the minute I have not used it yet I am working for a firm who do not use them.

So you maybe able to tell me

HOW TO USE guide…where you get that from mate.

Insert your card gold strip up no need to press anything yet your name will come up on screen after which you answer questions with your scroll up & ok buttons. Its like using your mobile phone . I wouldnt worry about it to much I dont think the boys in blue know how to use them yet :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Working where I work I don’t think I’m gonna have any use for a digi tacho card for several years. My tatty old Daf is reliable, couldn’t pull the skin off a rice pudding but it keeps going, slowly. And the worst thing about it is I’m getting to like it, except when the splitter refuses to engage when we’re going up a steep hill :imp: :imp:

We still haven’t sorted anything, which is a tad worrying seeing as how my truck finishes it’s contract in September - so even if I don’t get a new one (which I don’t actually want), someone else will… :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

knight:
Working where I work I don’t think I’m gonna have any use for a digi tacho card for several years. My tatty old Daf is reliable, couldn’t pull the skin off a rice pudding but it keeps going, slowly. And the worst thing about it is I’m getting to like it, except when the splitter refuses to engage when we’re going up a steep hill :imp: :imp:

if it has a tacho fault it will be replaced with a digi tacho no matter how old it is
jon

If the Tacho goes I think it will be an unecomonical repair. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Jon Boy 100 wrote:

if it has a tacho fault it will be replaced with a digi tacho no matter how old it is

Not strictly true. If the vehicle has a permitted weight exceeding 12 tonnes, was registered on or after 01/01/1996 and uses a tachograph that detects electrical impulses, then if the ‘recording equipment’ malfunctions you have to fit digital. However, recording equipment is defined as the ‘total equipment’ which means; head, motion sensor and wiring loom joining them. So the chances of having to fit a digital in place of an analogue are pretty slim :smiley:

Knight wote;

If the Tacho goes I think it will be an unecomonical repair

In the case of digital Vehicle Units that’s correct. The units are effectively sealed for life and if anything goes wrong it’s a new unit. After the calibration centre has downloaded the data from the old one and given you a copy, they simply put a new VU in the vehicle and present you with the bill :open_mouth:

jon boy 100:
jon

My Merc had a new tacho put in a few weeks ago and it was the same as the original one.

jon

Not strictly true, my 53 plate XF had a new tacho in 2 weeks ago after i cracked my head on the old one and broke it. Daf in Luton fitted a new one which is still a paper chart type tacho.