It begins... got a job

After the last couple of months of running into brick walls and exploring all avenues, I have finally managed to land myself a driving job.

Just wanting to get out there and get a foot on the ladder, its 7.5T work on behalf of a well known retailer doing store deliveries. Multi-drop of about 5 a day. However, the majority of the fleet is Class 2 vehicles and i’ve been told that the opportunity is there to work my way up the fleet once i get to know the job and proved myself in small un’s.

All in all, chuffed and can’t wait to get started! :smiley:

Any tips and advice anyone has is welcome!

Nice one :smiley:

Well done mate :smiley: Seems as though the work situation is picking up. So… who’s it for then? :stuck_out_tongue:

nice one fella well done :smiley:

Congrats go and enjoy jx

Nice one mate. :wink:

well done buddy, thats what we want to hear.

there are jobs out there you just have to keep at it

good luck hope it works out for you :laughing:

Thanks guys.

Quick question… what would people recommend in terms of navigation? Last thing I want to be doing with it being timed deliveries is getting completely lost, obviously i will get to know the routes with time (as only a few are done by 7.5T’s) but in peoples opinion, is it wise to just rely on the sat nav from the off?

Well done on the job.

For navigatiing combine a sat nav with maps and when you have it, local knowledge. Sat Nav is generally best for getting to a specific point but for getting to the particular town, it doesn’t always take you on the best route. Buy a map and a decent sat nav and most of the time you’ll get there without any wrong turns.

if you are quite local a good A-Z would be useful as remember the sat nav is just an electronic version of this

also good general map may help

when you are bein loaded plan your route carefully as this may save you time in the long run

rob22888:
After the last couple of months of running into brick walls and exploring all avenues, I have finally managed to land myself a driving job.

That’s impressive. Last time I went into a brick wall, I lost my job!