Isuzu or Fuso?

mucker85:
God awful horrible things.

+1,i hate the bloody isuzus,drove one on metal deliveries,7.5 tonner,hated every minute of it but it was a days pay on agency,cheap and nasty vehicles,no good for tall people,took some skin off the top of my head when I hit the top of the door getting in,the air turned very blue that day

truckman020:

mucker85:

+1,i hate the bloody isuzus,drove one on metal deliveries,7.5 tonner,hated every minute of it but it was a days pay on agency,cheap and nasty vehicles,no good for tall people,took some skin off the top of my head when I hit the top of the door getting in,the air turned very blue that day

The only auto gearbox I have ever found that grinds gears.

mucker85:
Is there any particular reason you need a 7.5 tonner? Weight limits on roads near you?

Plenty of places around us are narrow/poor access. We also do a lot of small loads often that the big firms can’t be bothered with. These part loads are pointless on an 8wheeler unless you’re backloading from there (and you can get in). The muckshift I did the other was from a long closed pub, which had a low archway into the old stableyard/car park.
Part loads are good earners too, charge the same collection/delivery charge as a larger wagon.

If you are talking new they are both Euro 6 now…and not much to choose between them. Go for the best dealer local to you…the Fuso dealer is also a Merc dealer.

In terms of payload they kill the DAFs Mercs and MANs of this world dead.

But here’s an idea…Iveco do a 7.0 tonne GVW Daily (not Cargo) chassis-cab, which probably has an even better payload than the Japanese trucks.It probably won’t be as durable, but it might well be cheaper and more comfortable to drive.

Just a thought…The man from Iveco told me it had been developed specifically to beat the Japanese trucks in the high payload/low price game.

It’s a shame mercedes have stopped making the Vario, bloody good little trucks they were.

Ralph’s a fan of our Isuzu. :smiley:

mucker85:

truckman020:

mucker85:

when I drove the piece of crap I stopped at the lights and thought I had been hit up the back,turns out its the gearbox that done it,i liked the work,but did not go back

Muckaway:
Ralph’s a fan of our Isuzu. :smiley:

he don’t have to drive them lol

rob22888:
Get a DAF LF

I was waiting to weigh off in the local quarry the other day and watched a newish (Euro 5) LF tare in. It could only carry 3.2t. Nearly 700kg less than our Isuzu. We just don’t do the miles in our trucks for fancy motors (02 plate CF has just done 470k, 8wheeler 09 plate CF has only done 266k and the 51 plate puddle jumper has done just 267k, although admittedly it is already worn out.

The place I used to be at had a couple of Isuzus on loan from Beech’s. Boss was rubbing his hands at the payload. Every single lad that took one out said that if he replaced the MANs with them, they’d ditch their 7.5 allowance and go back on a Renault Master. We ended up getting DAFs. I’m glad I left when I did, as they’re now replacing the lot with Ivecos. Horrid rattly nails.

mucker85:

truckman020:

mucker85:

Only auto box I’ve knocked out of gear!

Boss has ordered a new Isuzu, but has steered clear of the auto box. It’s having an alloy drop sided, steel floored Brit Tip body. The all steel version on an Isuzu is meant to carry 3.7t with a full height headboard. We’re chopping the headboard down to about half height so hoping for a 3.8t payload. Currently getting quotes for an onboard weigher too.

I wouldn’t want to try and stop one at full weight. Even worse holding it on a hill.

mucker85:
I wouldn’t want to try and stop one at full weight. Even worse holding it on a hill.

Never had any problems with our old NQR, although we rarely take it above 50mph.

mucker85:

never been a problem stopping ours even with a full load (7.4t on the weightbridge ) but then i dont try to drive it like its a gocart as for uphill starts general never use first moving off and never had any difficulty .first is a realy low gear on the isuzu

Still waiting for the Isuzu which was meant to be 4 to 5 weeks wait in April, dealer has been completely useless blaming body builders, blaming pto fitters etc.
Now it’s coming this Friday, which they said about last Friday too.

Update. New Isuzu still not arrived, was meant to’ve been on Monday. Boss got a call 4pm yesterday, to be told delivery will now be Thursday. Also told that the delivery of the truck had been “lost in the loop.” WTF does that mean? Oh well, Cordwallis have done me a favour; Because of their crap service, there’s now no chance whatsoever of my boss having any interest in buying a MAN 8wheeler from them to replace mine. Silver linings and all.

And you’ve been spared days and days of punishment driving the fake truck wannabe.

mucker85:
And you’ve been spared days and days of punishment driving the fake truck wannabe.

I’ll only drive it when things are quiet anyway.

Well our new Isuzu puddle jumper arrived yesterday at long last. We contacted a well known local quarry/tipper operator for advice on removing the bike friendly stuff. Apparently we can remove the sideguards, which we have done. Payload is 3.95t, which is actually more than our old one.