Istanbul

Can anyone give me some costs for a run to Istanbul. Anyone use the ferry from Italy to Ismir?

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Paul

We’ve been taking our race trucks to Istanbul for the last 4 years, we use a ferry from Trieste to Pendick. I think the cost is 4000 euro, return, but that could be special F1 rates. However it also includes flight from Lubijana to Istanbul and returns.

We use Bilitiz as a shipping agent.
http://www.billitztrieste.com/frame.htm

Try this lot, as muckles says, Trieste to Pendik…

unroro.com.tr/EN/LINES/default.asp

bullitt:
Try this lot, as muckles says, Trieste to Pendik…

unroro.com.tr/EN/LINES/default.asp

Thanks Bulitt.
I couldn’t remember the name of the ferry operators. :smiley:

muckles:
cost is 4000 euro, return, but that could be special F1 rates.

i should say so mate, we paid Euros 2200 roundtrip plus 62 Euros “handling” each end last time we used it :open_mouth:

jj72:

muckles:

i should say so mate, we paid Euros 2200 roundtrip plus 62 Euros “handling” each end last time we used it :open_mouth:

I could be wrong but the figure seems to ring a bell. Like I said when F1 hits town all prices go up. I know the room rate for hotels can triple and you should see what you pay for a pint in Monaco during F1 week. :open_mouth:

I did wonder why people were so nice to us when we turn up. :laughing:

Thank you all for your information, very helpful.

Best

Paul

a much faster route would be ferry from italy to igoumenitsa, right across greece and through the ipsala border, igoumenitsa to istanbul would be around a workday of driving

that would b a lot more than a day of driving surely ipsala to istanbul is a hard drive only motorway the last hour last time i went that way & greece had no motorway in the north but that was about 10 years ago

I stand corrected, that would be around a day and a half

and the last time I went that way, about a year ago, the drive from ipsala to istanbul was a couple of hours, most of it on national roads but they are in a pretty good condition

well you must not ave met many tonka’s that trip if its still the old road 2 hours to istanbul well done

well as the road is 4 lanes almost all the way they didn’t bother me much

4 lanes all the way god how turkey has come on it must be great running down there now on the old road as soon as you got round 1 tonka you was behind another 1 doing 20 miles an hour or less & ofcourse the police wanting ■■■■ or money didn’t they make you laugh never got much out off me.

milodon:
a much faster route would be ferry from italy to igoumenitsa, right across greece and through the ipsala border, igoumenitsa to istanbul would be around a workday of driving

wot was you driving a jet. regards benny

jj72:

muckles:

Got the prices for this years service. 5000 Euro roundtrip, including secure parking and flights for one driver. Hotels and handling extra.
Not that we worry about that. After seeing some of the damage to the trucks that the dockers moved on and off the boat and the prices of the hotels they book you into.
I’ve also noticed that the hotel prices in Trieste have gone up in the last couple of years now they’ve worked out that all the frieght for the Istanbul GP comes through thier city.