Ist day on own diary

turns up at 5.00 as requested for my ist day on my own ,trucks eventually loaded and ready at 8.00 :open_mouth: :unamused: .told 1st day was one drop and a pick up.
drop is morrisons r.d.c,stockton on tees which i get to at just gone 10.00,20 mins later on bay and ready for a break when im told to follow store bloke and help strip down pallets,takes us hour and a bit to strip them down.
then get phone call saying all o.k and head for pick up which is off a163,seaton ross ,so take a19 round york ontothe a1079 hull then split down the b1128 passing elvington and down onto a163,place ive got to go to is spalding manor farm which is up through the NOT SUITABLE FOR HGVS SIGN :open_mouth: .
get there and tell them ive got to pick up and drop 4 pallets of beef ive got on for them, :confused: was the look i got :unamused: ,not for us so we ring in to find theyve stuck a extra drop on for the bungalow :open_mouth: :open_mouth: elvington[rember that name i passed it earlier so told to go back up and drop off at bungalow [if any one knows elvington on b1228 it one of the bungalows opposite elvington airfield.
bloke says youll have to put it on drive to tip it :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: ,manages it 1 st time with a round of applause from the tanker driver [ im starting to suss this reversing ,bit proud of myself :wink:
but i lost well over a hour retracing my steps .
got back spalding manor farm and pump trucked 20 pallets on then headed back down 62,m18 and a1 to base and got back 18.00
t,o didnt looked to pleased but as i explained i was 3 hours late away and lost over a hour retracing my self .
told me ive got 1.00 starts next week up to middleton [tesco r.d.c] then across to a place at elsemere port called gibsons off of jct 8 m53,said i must be back in yard by 10.00
dont know if he was being funny but i had all my breaks while tipping stripping down ,from leaving at 8 .00 i never had a drink or anything to eat i just kept going so i thought he did well getting 13 hrs work out of me for 86.00 pounds
anyway you can only do your best cant you

I wouldnt worry about it, most transport managers cant drive a milk float.

ady1:
t,o didnt looked to pleased but as i explained i was 3 hours late away and lost over a hour retracing my self .
told me ive got 1.00 starts next week up to middleton [tesco r.d.c] then across to a place at elsemere port called gibsons off of jct 8 m53,said i must be back in yard by 10.00
dont know if he was being funny but i had all my breaks while tipping stripping down ,from leaving at 8 .00 i never had a drink or anything to eat i just kept going so i thought he did well getting 13 hrs work out of me for 86.00 pounds
anyway you can only do your best cant you

Personally, I would point out that IF the wagon is ready to go ON TIME, I will probably be able to get back to the yard on time.

I would also start taking proper breaks.
Nothing to eat or drink for 10 hours isn’t good for your health or concentration.
Most of us have done what you did at some point. The t.o just think ‘Oh good, another one we can brow-beat’. You sweating your bits off going flat out all day, doesn’t impress them in the slightest, they probably didn’t even notice. In fact the first sentence of yours that I’ve quoted shows exactly that. :astonished:
Take things a bit easier and take your breaks, thats what the law put them there for. To give you a breather that you have to take, and so that your boss can’t complain about you taking them.

take your legal breaks mate, dont switch to break when unloading, most places dont pay you for breaks.