Is UK ADR valid across Europe

Hi,
If I were to take an ADR course here in the UK and later moved to another EU country, would it be valid? If it is valid do you think it is likely to be accepted?
Thanks

WheelzRturnin:
Hi,
If I were to take an ADR course here in the UK and later moved to another EU country, would it be valid? If it is valid do you think it is likely to be accepted?
Thanks

Hi mate,

Yes, an ADR card issued in the UK is valid in all ADR member countries.
The ADR Regulations say that your ADR card “shall” be accepted by the other ADR member countries.

That means that an ADR card issued in the UK will be valid in the following countries:

ADR 2015:
Territorial applicability
Albania, Andorra, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Montenegro, Morocco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, the Republic of Moldova, Romania, Russian Federation, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Tajikistan, the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine and United Kingdom.

:bulb: NOTE
The ADR Agreement has far more member countries than the EU.

Thanks Dieseldave.
Do you think in the “real world” an employer is likely to employ someone with an ADR card from another EU state? As an example do you know if UK ADR employers would likely take someone on if their ADR card was from another state?

WheelzRturnin:
Thanks Dieseldave.
Do you think in the “real world” an employer is likely to employ someone with an ADR card from another EU state? As an example do you know if UK ADR employers would likely take someone on if their ADR card was from another state?

Hi mate,

Yes, I do know, and yes they do. :smiley:

I’ve taught ADR courses since 2003, so I can tell you that I’ve taught people from:

Poland, Romania, Bulgaria, Germany, Bosnia, Portugal, Italy, Austria, Hungary and even a Georgian who works in the UK whose country isn’t an ADR member. They all work for UK hauliers.

I’ve also trained British people who work abroad, but whose command of the language of their country of work wasn’t sufficient to allow then to take an ADR course in their ‘host’ country.

Lots of drivers use the need for an ADR course as a reason to return to their home country for a holiday or simply to visit their families, which works in both directions.

That’s just the answer I was hoping for .
Thanks once again for your informative help.

Don’t forget the Welsh guy who until he was in his late teens only spoke Welsh so English was his second language & was self taught

animal:
Don’t forget the Welsh guy who until he was in his late teens only spoke Welsh so English was his second language & was self taught

Oh yes…

You’re quite right, I’d forgotten about him and his amazing achievement.

I can now add Welsh to my list above. :smiley: