Is this right?

My brother in law went to doctors today to see about a medical for his hgv, and they wanted £200 quid are they serious?

I would’nt no as i had mine done in the army but cmon thats day light robbery for a bloody eye test. :open_mouth:

Blimey. Should be no more than £100.

His doctor wasn’t ■■■■ Turpin per chance?

My doctor charges up to £120,but a friend of mine has a doctor who only charges £60,and takes outside patients,and as I’m due my first this year,guess were I’ll be going?

Ken.

most manage to get it done for between £50 and £75 :exclamation:

Nah just some doctors in south wales, cardiff would not think it would be that much concidering we dont pay for perscriptions

That’s a Proper ■■■■■■■■ mate!! Mine cost me 80quid when i did mine and thought that was high! I’d shop around for the old medical now though mate :exclamation: :open_mouth:

£35 with my local GP - or it was last time

£160 for one at the doctors in Cupar Fife! :open_mouth:

Crazy aint it. My local GP wanted to charge £170. When I exclaimed at the doctors receptionist about the price she agreed that it was ludicrousand she advised me of a walk-in clinic down the road where I got it done for about £60.

if you go to the useful links part of the forum there is a link there that gives you a list of places you can go for a medicle and most are a reasonable price.
try this
trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=19955

Trucker beads:
My brother in law went to doctors today to see about a medical for his hgv, and they wanted £200 quid are they serious?

I would’nt no as i had mine done in the army but cmon thats day light robbery for a bloody eye test. :open_mouth:

I had mine done in december,it cost me £60, it should have been £120, but he only charges that if you are a slob, who has no regard for his own health.

I think they charge what they want as the pocket the money… My Dr charged £80 for a poultry 10minute check over, mate of mine got his done 12miles away for £35.

could try these dont no what there like
Doctors on wheels

link

Del

delboytwo:
could try these dont no what there like
Doctors on wheels

link

Del

This is who I had my medical with, its a small camper van parked in a car park you go in with pre filled sample jar, I was out in 4minutes and 52 seconds. Fast, Simple and easy, and fairly cheap too top marks from my experience

There is a doctor in Ridgeway Newport who charges around £40.

£80 for a poultry 10minute check over

To see if you had bird flue?

my local agency has an advert up for medicals at £15 . yes you read right £15 lol.
they must just sign your papers for that price

try these
driversmedicals.com/

maybe they could be approached for some sponsorship :laughing:

Santa:

£80 for a poultry 10minute check over

To see if you had bird flue?

No, to see if he’s chicken out. :smiley:

hitch:
try these
driversmedicals.com/

maybe they could be approached for some sponsorship :laughing:

I was just gonna suggest that site pretty sure its the one I used, clearstone told me to book it through them and they paid it was only about £35 when I did it but I think the price is reasonable.