Is this right or what?! pleae comment

Hi guys

Im going back into trucking (been away for 5-6 years). ive been offerd a job with a firm in Humberside, thier rates are as follows:

£5.80 per hr
£7.54 at o/time
£8.70 sat
£11.60 sun/BHols

what i want to know is , are thease rates of pay good or bad?
please let me know
many thanks
good website

give a man a fish and he eats for a day, teach a man to fish and he eats for a lifetime.[/b]

What are you going to be driving? (Class1, 2 or Non HGV)

mickscf

That sounds a bit low to me, the going rate around here is £7 - 8 per hour for class 1, and £6 - 7 per hour for class 2. Agencys pay even more than that.

Paul

Sorry :blush:

the job is Class 1 (C+E) :open_mouth:

mickscf:
the job is Class 1 (C+E) :open_mouth:

Those rates seem low to me. For a start 5.80/hour seems low for normal rate. Only giving 1.3 time for overtime is low (1.5 is more normal). Giving 1.5 time for Sat is about right though, as is the double time on Sun/BH. I would think you should be able to get 7/hour for C+E work without too much trouble really, although I could be wrong as I don’t know much about your area.

Paul

Don’t look enough to me.
Even 7.5t drivers get more than that down here, in fact I’d say that was Van drivers money.

mickscf:
Hi guys

Im going back into trucking (been away for 5-6 years). ive been offerd a job with a firm in Humberside, thier rates are as follows:

£5.80 per hr
£7.54 at o/time
£8.70 sat
£11.60 sun/BHols

what i want to know is , are thease rates of pay good or bad?
please let me know
many thanks
good website

give a man a fish and he eats for a day, teach a man to fish and he eats for a lifetime.[/b]

Diabolical rates :exclamation:. Earn more working at McDonalds flipping burgers.

Cheers.

Stay well clear at those rates mate, I think they are taking the pish!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

rubbish money! add it together over the hours that you’ll work (60-70 probably) and it just isn;t worth it unless you are desperate for experience.

I wouldn’t get out of bed for that m8, there will be better rates. :wink:

Thanks for the comments guys.

Ive blown that firm away, im now going with another firm (start sun 01 nov) whos rates are a lot higher :laughing: .

once again, many thanks for your time and effort on the posts.

see ya :smiley:

Good Luck Mick!

Feed a man a fish and he eats for a day, teach a man to fish and get rid of him every weekend :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: