Is this ok

I’m now being told not to put any times down for poa I.e 1 hr / 8 am - 9 am,there just telling me to put 1 hr down.
Then if I do say 1 am- 4 p.m they’ll just stick a hours poa in throughout the day,could be 3 pm - 4 pm, 4am- 5 am etc.
Now this is on gts not tacho,but this could contradict what my tacho says,I could be booking a hours poa on my tacho from 8 am- 9 a.m ,then there putting the hour on my sheet down from 3 pm - 4 pm.
I’d not normally bother ,but they’ve said they’ve volunteered to let vosa view our WTD hours through gtsso it got me bothered if my tacho shows me driving from 3 pm - 4pm then gts is showing me on poa
I’m also bothered as what ever I input on my tacho I put on gts( iso - trac) ,run sheet,so why are they then manually inputting a hour on gts,I’ve already done it.
God for the days you just drove the bloody truck ta

Print this out…
legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2005 … view=plain

Take it in, point it out to them .Request your last week/month (whatever) tacho and GTS records. Point out any inconsistencies in a letter.If they try to resist or argue your request for hours tell them you need it to ensure you are complying as you’ve already been spoken to about hours. Its your right for such info anyway, not a obligation for them to provided it.

Don’t speak to them about your hours without an out line in writing what they want to discuss, insist they address any issues in writing so you know beforehand what they are going to ask /speak to you about.

Remind them of their obligations under thecurrent EU driving regs thats as operators they have a responsability.

LIABILITY OF TRANSPORT UNDERTAKINGS

Article 10

1. A transport undertaking shall not give drivers it employs or who are put at its disposal any payment, even in the form of a bonus or wage supplement, related to distances travelled and/or the amount of goods carried if that payment is of such a kind as to endanger road safety and/or encourages infringement of this Regulation.

2. A transport undertaking shall organise the work of drivers referred to in paragraph 1 in such a way that the drivers are able to comply with Regulation (EEC) No 3821/85 and Chapter II of this Regulation. The transport undertaking shall properly instruct the driver and shall make regular checks to ensure that Regulation (EEC) No 3821/85 and Chapter II of this Regulation are complied with.

Point out to them its for them to schedule your work so you can comply and its not for you to record incorrect activities or them to record incorrect info via GTS to make it look like compliance.
You are keeping all memos and correspondance arn’t you ?

Surely you can only be responsible for what you put down. If they choose to put something else down on other records other than your tachograph records , providing you don’t sign it, I don’t see how it can come back and bite you.

To be honest mate I think it’s time you called it a day there, going by your other threads it sounds like a very tedious place to work.

Mike-C:
Print this out…
legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2005 … view=plain

Take it in, point it out to them .Request your last week/month (whatever) tacho and GTS records. Point out any inconsistencies in a letter.If they try to resist or argue your request for hours tell them you need it to ensure you are complying as you’ve already been spoken to about hours. Its your right for such info anyway, not a obligation for them to provided it.

Don’t speak to them about your hours without an out line in writing what they want to discuss, insist they address any issues in writing so you know beforehand what they are going to ask /speak to you about.

Remind them of their obligations under thecurrent EU driving regs thats as operators they have a responsability.

LIABILITY OF TRANSPORT UNDERTAKINGS

Article 10

1. A transport undertaking shall not give drivers it employs or who are put at its disposal any payment, even in the form of a bonus or wage supplement, related to distances travelled and/or the amount of goods carried if that payment is of such a kind as to endanger road safety and/or encourages infringement of this Regulation.

2. A transport undertaking shall organise the work of drivers referred to in paragraph 1 in such a way that the drivers are able to comply with Regulation (EEC) No 3821/85 and Chapter II of this Regulation. The transport undertaking shall properly instruct the driver and shall make regular checks to ensure that Regulation (EEC) No 3821/85 and Chapter II of this Regulation are complied with.

Point out to them its for them to schedule your work so you can comply and its not for you to record incorrect activities or them to record incorrect info via GTS to make it look like compliance.
You are keeping all memos and correspondance arn’t you ?

Thanks mike,filed both letters I’ve been given,and also keeping notes of all conversations etc

del949:
Surely you can only be responsible for what you put down. If they choose to put something else down on other records other than your tachograph records , providing you don’t sign it, I don’t see how it can come back and bite you.

I guess / hope your right

FarnboroughBoy11:
To be honest mate I think it’s time you called it a day there, going by your other threads it sounds like a very tedious place to work.

Your right,easiest thing to do would be to walk,should of took redundancy and run in feb,but then another part of me think,why should I be threatened,bullied for doing the job to the best of my abilities,no accidents in 6 yrs,no disciplinarys,no complaints about my work,yet because I can’t get enough poa I’m getting letters stating this that and everything.
I’ve got nothing to hide,I’m not doing anything dodgy,I just simply can’t get in enough poa in on shop deliveries to make them happy.
Zb ,if they sack me,at least I’ll have my day in front of a panel court etc,and then they can explain why they’ve sacked a driver for doing the job correctly.
I’m not stupid I know what there after,but it’s not going to happen,I’m doing the job legally,zb putting it on poa,here there and everywhere.
N.b I’m not the only one,there’s apparently 15 others in the same boat as me,

dozy:

FarnboroughBoy11:

Your right,easiest thing to do would be to walk,should of took redundancy and run in feb,but then another part of me think,why should I be threatened,bullied for doing the job to the best of my abilities,no accidents in 6 yrs,no disciplinarys,no complaints about my work,yet because I can’t get enough poa I’m getting letters stating this that and everything.
I’ve got nothing to hide,I’m not doing anything dodgy,I just simply can’t get in enough poa in on shop deliveries to make them happy.
Zb ,if they sack me,at least I’ll have my day in front of a panel court etc,and then they can explain why they’ve sacked a driver for doing the job correctly.
I’m not stupid I know what there after,but it’s not going to happen,I’m doing the job legally,zb putting it on poa,here there and everywhere.
N.b I’m not the only one,there’s apparently 15 others in the same boat as me,

Definitely stick to your guns then dude.

2 Qs, what’s a GTS, and can drivers be forced to use POA?

A driver can’t be forced to do anything.

weeto:
2 Qs, what’s a GTS, and can drivers be forced to use POA?

There not actually forcing me to book poa as I already do,but they want me too book more of it
I’m booking on average break/ poa 2.5 hrs per night,to meet the 48 hrs requirement,there requiremt I need to be book 5/6 hrs break/ poa per night,impossible in my opinion on the work I’m doing,according to them/ him it’s not up for debate I will book 5/6 hrs break per night or it’s company procedure :unamused: :unamused:
Gts,it’s basically a tracker,but you have like a handset where all your work comes though/ you can view the work,also you can record break/ poa etc on it.