Is this necessary

A38/A50 junction (Toyota roundabout)

Following the completion of the roadworks on this roundabout (more waste of money changing lane markings and signage - still yet to see anyone go round in the right lane!) I see that the powers that be have erecred wooden fences on the right hand side of the sliproads approaching the roundabout. The only possible reason for these is to stop drivers seing what is on the roundabout as they approach, thus forcing drivers to have to virtually stop at the roundabout before proceeding onto it.

Is this really necessary, i was always taught that as approaching the roundabout you should check the traffic on the roundabout, giving way if necessary, but ideally adjusting your speed so that you can filter onto the roundabout without loosing too much momentum.

These barriers just slow the traffic down on this busy intersection causing more congestion, but I’m sure they’ve been justified under some new ‘accident reduction’ initiative…!

The wooden barriers serve no real purpose and if you are turning right after exiting the 50 to head south down the A38 towards Burton on Trent and you correctly follow the newly marked out lanes then you are thrown into a nasty camber just by the Willington turn off .
It needs peak time traffic lights , it’s too fast . Toyota shift change is a ■■■■■■■ nightmare and dangerous when they come revving out in those crappy little corolla T power things .
Peak time lights are the only thing that will aid movement ONTO the roundabout .

Totally agree with paul…complete waste of my money…(unless toyota paid for it…doubt it)…should have simply done what they have a the A14/A1 Huntingdon services with the new lights there…

who actually comes with these ideas…Thick ■■■■■

I see theres a new slip road coming out of there straigh ton to the A38 North too.

Those wooden fences annoy me just as much as them stupid blind things that stop people seeing what colour the lights have changed to, they arent designed to be seen from 6’ up in the air they are directed downwards and hqard to see in a trruck sometimes.

Icannot see why the brits cant adopt the same system at major juncs.the shamrock junction you know what i mean ,were r/bouts are done away with and access roads interlock without the need to stop traffic. Keeps traffic flowing a lot better.You also find in england they like to plant trees on r/bouts which have the same effect as the fences.

Ishould have said adopt the same policy as the germans, Apologies