is this legal

afternoon folks

looking for opinions
i have been asked to drive rigid lorry on Monday/wednesday/friday (under eu regs)
tuesday/thursday i have been asked to drive internal
transport manager says i can work as many hours as i want on internal
is this right
not sure about daily rest coming from internal then on to eu regs
thanks in advance

happyweetrucker:
afternoon folks

looking for opinions
i have been asked to drive rigid lorry on Monday/wednesday/friday (under eu regs)
tuesday/thursday i have been asked to drive internal
transport manager says i can work as many hours as i want on internal
is this right
not sure about daily rest coming from internal then on to eu regs
thanks in advance

I’m assuming that you’re starting Monday after a weekly or daily rest period.

As you know on the days that you drive to EU regulations you should comply with the daily rest requirement of 11/9 hours rest within the period of 24 hours from start of shift.

The internal driving, by which I assume you won’t be going on public roads at-all, is classed as other work simply because you will be working to EU regulations in the same week.

Because the internal driving you will be doing on Tuesday and Thursday is classed as other work you will need to have at-least 11/9 hours rest before starting work on Wednesday and Friday when you drive to EU regulations.

Apart from these conditions you can legally work whatever hours you like on Tuesday and Thursday, but in reality it means you need a daily rest period every day.

Basically if you had only 8 hours rest before starting the EU shift the previous internal shift would count as other work for the EU driving shift which would obviously put you over your hours.

Hope I’ve explained that in a way that’s understandable :stuck_out_tongue: :wink: