Is this legal?

Drive for 1 hour take a 1 hour break,then drive for 3 hours take a 30 minute break ,then drive for a further 3 hours without a break.

scotty1972:
Drive for 1 hour take a 1 hour break,then drive for 3 hours take a 30 minute break ,then drive for a further 3 hours without a break.

No it’s not legal, the clock would be reset after the 1 hour break so you would be driving for 6 hours with only a 30 minute break.

tachograph:

scotty1972:

No it’s not legal, the clock would be reset after the 1 hour break so you would be driving for 6 hours with only a 30 minute break.

So if i had only taken a 15 minute first break,then 30 min second break would it have been legal ?

scotty1972:
So if i had only taken a 15 minute first break,then 30 min second break would it have been legal ?

yes

Seems to defy logic but we live and learn !!!

Hope it doesn’t cause you any problems.

Always when you’ve had a break of 45 minutes or more the clock is reset and a new 4 1/2 hour driving period begins :wink:

scotty1972:

Yep. In fact if the first break had been anything from 15 minutes to 44min59sec then it would have been legal. I know it seems daft that you’re not legal cos you’ve taken too much break but that’s just the way the rules work out.

Paul

It wont cause me any problems ,well not from now on :wink: it just seems a bit silly that you have more break than you need and still not be legal.

Cheers for clearing that up for me lads.