Is this legal?

This is to settle a discussion I had yesterday with a colleague.

Take this scenario:

Say I drive for four hours and twenty minutes - then take a 45 break. Next, I drive for four hours - then take another 45 break. Can I then legally drive for another one hour and forty minutes - I.E. the accumulation of “the tenth hour” plus the thirty minutes left over from the second block in addition to the ten minutes left over from the first block?

My colleague says no - I can only drive for one hour after the second 45 break… I say I can drive (in this example) for one hour and forty minutes after the second 45 break.

Who is correct?

You are right IMHO.

That’s rubbish about only drive for one hour after the second 45 min break.

Ask him how one can drive for the maximum ten hours should they wish to

You are correct

4hrs 20 drive 45 min break does tacho and wtd regs
4hrs 00 drive 45 min break does tacho and wtd regs
as the total of 4hrs and 20 mins is the total drive time you can drive a further

1hr 40 min making a total of 10hrs driving
your total daly shift if no other work was done would be 11hrs 30 mins

Sir LANs-a-lot:
This is to settle a discussion I had yesterday with a colleague.

Take this scenario:

Say I drive for four hours and twenty minutes - then take a 45 break. Next, I drive for four hours - then take another 45 break. Can I then legally drive for another one hour and forty minutes - I.E. the accumulation of “the tenth hour” plus the thirty minutes left over from the second block in addition to the ten minutes left over from the first block?

My colleague says no - I can only drive for one hour after the second 45 break… I say I can drive (in this example) for one hour and forty minutes after the second 45 break.

Who is correct?

You’re spot Sir LANs-a-lot you can still drive for 1 hour and forty minutes if you have 10 hours driving time available for that shift.

On the other hand your colleague needs to study the regulations a bit more :wink:

Cheers guys… I thought I was right, but wanted to check with those (namely you lot!) in the know! :smiley: