is this legal?

Hi all,
my boss wants me to do a spot of over time,i have worked 2 April to the 6 and had the 7th off, and back in tonight for 5 hours then working 9,10,11,12,13,14 of April, then off the 15th and work 16,17,18,19,20,21 then off for 3 nights.
Each shift on a week day is 9 hours long including 5 hours driving time and 45 min break, and weekend shift is 5 hour long.
I think it is lawful because the shifts are short but i would like your view. thanks.

Can’t work more than six back to back shifts, without a minimum of 24 hours rest period (being then a reduced weekly rest, providing one is available) on either end, and a rest period on the other.

Where do you fit in 45 hrs uninterrupted weekly rest you are required to have every other week? No matter how you adjust it even if you had a 45 before 2nd April the 15th would either need to be the first day or second day of a 45hr rest period.

Need to be more precise with times especially beginning and end of working weeks .

You can’t work 7 ‘days’. 6 max. So not it isn’t legal. 144 hours after you start your working week you gotta stop and take a weekly rest or reduced weekly rest. If you work tonight say starting 1900 hrs for example your next weekly rest must start by 1900 on Saturday 14 April. Whether it is a full 45 hour or a min 24 hour will depend on when your last full 45 hour rest ended.

Sand Fisher:
You can’t work 7 ‘days’. 6 max. So not it isn’t legal. 144 hours after you start your working week you gotta stop and take a weekly rest or reduced weekly rest. If you work tonight say starting 1900 hrs for example your next weekly rest must start by 1900 on Saturday 14 April. Whether it is a full 45 hour or a min 24 hour will depend on when your last full 45 hour rest ended.

You can work over 7 days hence why I asked for times, meaning your working week can cover all 7 days.

bald bloke:
Need to be more precise with times especially beginning and end of working weeks .

mon to fri 1700 start 0200 end / sun 20.00 start 0100 end.
55 hours in total.

jjmorris1960:

bald bloke:

55 hours in total.

0200 sat to 2000 sun = reduced weekly rest of 42 hours so 3 to payback

You cannot do that every week because you need a 45 off every other week

The number of shifts or days has nothing at all to do with the regs because the regs go by hours only

Thanks for the replies.

bald bloke:

Sand Fisher:

You can work over 7 days hence why I asked for times, meaning your working week can cover all 7 days.

Hi BB. That’s why I quoted the hours although for most purposes that would be 6 days (6 x 24 = 144)

jjmorris1960:
Hi all,
my boss wants me to do a spot of over time,i have worked 2 April to the 6 and had the 7th off, and back in tonight for 5 hours then working 9,10,11,12,13,14 of April, then off the 15th and work 16,17,18,19,20,21 then off for 3 nights.

jjmorris1960:

bald bloke:

55 hours in total.

If these dates are correct it’s not legal, if you start work tonight at 20:00 you’ve got to start a new weekly rest period no later than 20:00 next Saturday, but according to your first post you’re doing a shift next Saturday night (14th).

If that’s the case it’s not legal so you will not legally be able to do a shift next Saturday night.

If those dates are not correct and you’re not planning to work next Saturday night, then it would only be legal if you had a 45 hour rest immediately prior to starting work on the 2nd and that weekly rest period can legally be counted for the week starting on the 2nd April.