Is this legal ?

Technically legal i think as it has manufactured sharp edges but what do you think ? Good for getting a tug from VOSA me thinks.

Correct number of mirrors . . . lights . . . and it’s got a windscreen . . .

Oh zb it’s an Iveco! Pull it :stuck_out_tongue:

I would say its legal but no doubt someone will say am wrong.And if it stil got a number plate on display will be legal its only cosmetic damage i would think.

Stanley Knife:
Oh zb it’s an Iveco! Pull it :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s what they are trying to hide.

Colin_scottish:
I would say its legal but no doubt someone will say am wrong.And if it stil got a number plate on display will be legal its only cosmetic damage i would think.

No damage just the bonnet missing, number plate there but I choose to hide it.

No sharp edges that can cause injury to a pedestrian so no reason for it not to be legal

Would definitely be an MOT fail, displaced vehicle body and sharp edges caused by damage, and there are numerous sharp edges in that photo.

• The vehicle body must not insecure or displaced so as to constitute a risk of loss of control of the vehicle when driven, or a danger to other road users.
• There must be no dangerous sharp edges or projections caused by corrosion or damage.

So I would say that if it is an automatic MOT fail,then it is not road legal.

It’s an endorsable offence to use a vehicle were it’s use is likely to cause danger to pedestrians or other road users. So definitely illegal, regardless of having a valid MOT.

SiAmon:
It’s an endorsable offence to use a vehicle were it’s use is likely to cause danger to pedestrians or other road users. So definitely illegal, regardless of having a valid MOT.

That’s every vehicle on the road ■■■■■■

SiAmon:

That’s a ridiculous offence. Every vehicle, in its factory state, has the potential to cause danger to pedestrians or other road users. It is much worse getting hit by a prestine car, than to be passed by a truck with its bonnet missing…

bubsy06:

SiAmon:

That’s every vehicle on the road [zb]

It certainly is if my missus is driving it… :laughing:

SiAmon:

bubsy06:

SiAmon:

That’s every vehicle on the road [zb]

It certainly is if my missus is driving it… :laughing:

Why, ain’t she got an mot. :wink:

That’s a no no as Harry has outlined. Much like the reason the silver lady etc have to conform that it will fold etc on impact and bonnet ornaments are forbidden.

Sat-navs placed within wiper-sweep - not legal.

Based on what Harry has said in going to say not legal, as there is certainly " risk of loss of control of the vehicle when driven…"

Plenty of fluid reservoirs and gubbins there that is only a stone chip away from making your life very difficult behind the wheel.

ThrustMaster well done, have a lollipop old chap, for pointing out the bleeding obvious

OP, was this a hypothetical question or were you actually expected to take this out?

Even more worrying… Did someone take it?

Harry Monk:
Would definitely be an MOT fail, displaced vehicle body and sharp edges caused by damage, and there are numerous sharp edges in that photo.

• The vehicle body must not insecure or displaced so as to constitute a risk of loss of control of the vehicle when driven, or a danger to other road users.
• There must be no dangerous sharp edges or projections caused by corrosion or damage.

Point 1 - the body isn’t insecure because it’s not there so that’s an invalid point.
Point 2 - there are no sharp edges caused by damage or corrosion so again it’s an invalid point.

From what I recall the body would be classed as dangerous if it can cause injury by you glancing across it.

This would not be possible in this case so I’d still say it would be legal to use.
Saying that, being legal and being fit for use are not the same and I wouldn’t take this on the road unless on the way to be repaired.

m1cks:

Harry Monk:

Point 1 - the body isn’t insecure because it’s not there so that’s an invalid point.

Its not invalid, the body is missing, it has been displaced and in my opinion constitutes a risk. If you caught a stone in the wrong place it could be dangerous.

F-reds:

m1cks:

Harry Monk:

Its not invalid, the body is missing, it has been displaced and in my opinion constitutes a risk. If you caught a stone in the wrong place it could be dangerous.

Im looking at it from a paddestrians point of view.
If you were hit by that, say 20 mph, it’ll hurt a lot more than what it would if that cover was fitted.
Wouldn’t like my head to come into contact with that drivers foot valve for a start.

trubster:
OP, was this a hypothetical question or were you actually expected to take this out?

Even more worrying… Did someone take it?

No not one of ours it came into the yard and it caused a few heads to turn including some EE drivers and I thought I’d put it on here to get people’s views.