Is this legal????

fredthered:
I believe some modern thinking is that beards are unhygienic - is that so?

I completely disagree with them being un hygienic. It’s just a pleasant way to store your food for the day!

fredthered:
I believe some modern thinking is that beards are unhygienic - is that so?

Thats a good point…wouldnt want to infect peoples parcels now would we?

Sounds like UPS and that,I think, has been their worldwide standard employment terms for years. Nobody forces anybody to work for them if they disagree.

I used to have a beard and was told at interview that it would have to go,this was for a bakers job so quite reasonable on grounds of hygiene.I cant see how it matters for a lorry driver,

Driver-Once-More:
I think this is the brown uniform company and they have had this policy for many years

so the useless parcel service is still operating that policy,thought they gave it up years ago

RAF has defo changed as when I dyed my hair they made me redo it as it changed my appearance on my id card.

truckman020:

Driver-Once-More:
I think this is the brown uniform company and they have had this policy for many years

so the useless parcel service is still operating that policy,thought they gave it up years ago

Nope!

yes legal on both counts

Conor:

viking7000:
Even in the RAF you could have a beard unless there was a war

No you couldn’t, nor in the Army. The only branch of the forces which has ever allowed beards post Crimea is the Royal Navy.

BS, Sikhs Hindus and special forces Conor. Northern Ireland i had a beard for nine years plus. :grimacing: